Renting DVC Points Questions

You've gotten a lot of responses here. I've gone out and rented via finding people on message boards. This can be risky, of course, but there are a couple ways to vet the owner. Primarily, go to the Orange County property records, where there will be a record of the owner's transaction and prove that is an owner. And, of course, ask for references. Now, someone could fake his way through all of this, but taking those two steps will go a long way toward protecting yourself.

We've had excellent experiences. It's a great way to save money and I recommend it to anyone I know who is going to Disney and isn't a complete newbie.
Checking the Orange County Comptroller's Office only works for Orange County resorts, not HHI, not VB, not GCV, not Aulani.

I thought when paying for goods and services the fee is charged to the merchant, not the buyer? I work for a couple of small businesses and that's how it works for us. Also, our contract with PayPal states we are not allowed to charge buyers an extra fee for using PayPal, but I think many owners/merchants try to do this.

That is how it works on the paypal end, but the owner we rented from added the fee to our total so they still got their full asking price. I'm not familiar with paypal's rules for business owners, but as a renter, I thought it was fair. They offered the points at a lower price but they originally asked for a check or cashiers check. I insisted on paying with a card and paypal was agreeable to both of us, so I was ok with taking a hit with the fee. If I were purchasing from a business owner, I would probably feel differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!