Renting Car

tyreen'smom

Earning My Ears
Renting car as part of package with Liberty Travel..I think that I read somewhere that if you have insurance frm home and if your credit card company covers some type of insurance then all you'll have to pay the rental company is the weekly fee.....Is this true? We have a car at home '01 with full coverage and we are using our credit car for the security deposit so is it indeed possible that I will not have to shell out an additional $200-300 for any other fees.....Pls help me if you can!!!!!!!!
sorry so long :jester:

Most of the time you can decline the optional insurance coverage. It depends on your credit card & regular insurance. We have a newish car insurance company so I called them & they said they cover everything they would in our regular car, that the coverage transfers to the rental car. They advised declining all optional insurance. I've filed claims with them before & know that they handle everything really well!

You can also call your credit card company & see what they say.

I don't think I've ever paid a "security deposit" on a rental car. I think that's why they make you pay with a credit card.

What are your travel plans? Maybe we can help you get a better deal!

Sorry, my post is longer than yours (which wasn't long at all!!) :)

Check with your own car insurance company. That way you'll have peace of mind that you are covered without the extra money. Most companies will cover you.

NY requires that rental car coverage be included with your auto policy. Most credit cards will pick up your deductibel (Diners is actually primary coverage).

Just a thanks to all who replied. I really needed the advice. Going to WDW 06/27-07/05 with DD7,DN9 DM& DFriend(pregnant). Staying at ASMo. Ithought that they held some type of depposit on your credit card...maybe I'm wrong.

Again, thank you all for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!
:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter