Renting an RV

Retroecho

circle skirts & pixie dust
I would love to hear from people who have rented an RV to stay at FW :) pros/cons and the like. We are a big family (6) and are always trying to figure out the frugalist way to stay at Disney :)

I would love to hear from people who have rented an RV to stay at FW :) pros/cons and the like. We are a big family (6) and are always trying to figure out the frugalist way to stay at Disney :)
I've been wondering the same thing, is it almost as expensive to rent an RV for delivery to FW plus pay for the site, as it is to rent a cabin which includes housekeeping and dishwasher etc?

We never did rental route but we did discuss it with our TA once before we bought our coach She was very adamant that should we decide to try that route then we had to look at MyRVHotel.com and book them. Her recommendation that we would have a better experience with them than anyone else.. Others that frequent this forum have 1st hand experience with some other outfits Take the advice that best answers your question

As others have found, by the time you rent the RV, pay for a site, it is about the same as staying at a cabin or resort. And remember, a RV is not very big. Our 43 foot Fifth wheel RV is 344 square feet, based on exterior dimensions. We have one king size bed and two smaller(short full size) beds that are converted from a sofa's. RV ovens are too small to be practical, the stove is 3 burners, and well the fridge maybe anywhere from 6 cubic feet on up depending on model, our has a residential fridge, but they are not the norm.

We have rented from Wilderness Camper Rentals 2 times and have another reservation with them next year. They are cheaper than anyone else and the customer service is 2nd to none. We highly recommend them. Before we rented from them we stayed in the Cabins and they were usually around $400.00 per night we now pay around $250.00 per night with the Trailer from them and the campsite. While you are still at the Fort there is no comparison in staying in an RV verses staying in a Cabin for us. We love the feel of camping while the Cabins tend to have a more hotel like feel. Of course this is just my 2 cents worth but if you are thinking about renting give them a call.

my advice is if you are going to rent a rv/trailer look at their business in the BBB (better business Bureau) first... my mistake when renting with Greenbergs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter