renting a house-pool temp in April

mommo6

More trips-More fun
Hi, all. I'm a new poster and have a few questions.
I will be going to WDW 4/9-16 with my DD, her DH and 2 sons-ages 4and 5. Also coming is another DD age 24 and DS age 21. We feel the only affordable accommodations is to rent a 4 br house. It has a private pool, but it would be $29/night to heat it. Any advice?
Also, we have been to WDW before, but never to AK. We only have 5 full days to spend and one of them will be Universal. All ideas welcome.
Thanks. :wave:

With children in your group I would recommend having the pool heated they will not enjoy swimming in the cool water .If the owner of the house has provided a pool cover make sure you use it as it will trap all the heat built up during the day in overnight .

My father is renting a house right now and when he got there the pool temp. was downright cold, no way we were swimming in that! He had it heated and it is perfect, we swam every night after the parks. I'm not sure about April but the heater was well worth it these past few weeks.

I assure you that the pool needs to be heated! It is downright cold if the pool heat is not turned on! We went down the beginning of October and it was soooo cold we could not even get in....
Debbie

It's worth the $29/night to keep it heated. It's probably more than the homeowner is paying to heat it per day, but otherwise you will not be able to swim. We have an inground pool and it is heated for the cooler months at the beginning and the end of the season. The gas bill does get pretty pricey to keep it at a nice temperature!

debloco said:
It's worth the $29/night to keep it heated. It's probably more than the homeowner is paying to heat it per day, but otherwise you will not be able to swim. We have an inground pool and it is heated for the cooler months at the beginning and the end of the season. The gas bill does get pretty pricey to keep it at a nice temperature!

When is the beginning and end of the season?

generally nov -end april - but it depends some people won't swim at anytime of year without the pool heated and yes- gasheaters are more expensive to run than electric heaters

mommo6 said:
When is the beginning and end of the season?

Well, I live in the Chicago area, so the beginning of the season for us is May and the end of the season is October. That said, there are plenty of days in June and September when the heater kicks on (even with the solar cover on) if we are having a cool start to the summer or fall. We keep the pool water at about 83 degrees. The temperature underground is a pretty constant 50-55 degrees, so unless it's really warm out-solar heating isn't enough. Florida in April does not usually have high enough daytime temps to keep a pool heated enough to be comfortable to swim, even with a solar cover. The average daily high in April in Orlando is 72 degrees. You would need it to be in the mid to upper 80's (and a solar cover would need to be on) for at least a few days before you got there (so the pool water was warm enough to swim in when you arrived) and it would have to stay at those temps for your whole stay.

We rented a home in September and although the temp outside was hot, the pool water was too cold to swim in. We were dissapointed. The pool heat is worth the money! :cold:

Your going to pay all the money and not let the kids swim? I would think with the cost of the vacation whats another 29 bucks a night?
Cost of vacation 3000.00
swim time w/ kids... priceless..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter