Renting a car in Grand Cayman?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Well we will be flying to the Grand Cayman Islands instead of France, thank God, and I pretty much know it will just be out of Atlanta non stop. Hopefully early February. But advice on renting a car in Grand Cayman? Got any?

Where are you staying and for how long? I do not know Cayman as I live on an island over a little but will be visiting with others from Cayman this weekend and would be glad to ask them.

Combined with your posts in the Paris board, if u can’t figure out how to rent a car in a country that speaks English, international travel might not be for you.

Grand Cayman is beautiful, although you're not going there for the sightseeing. I hope your daughter's surgery is such a huge success that you'll be able to ignore the very few stupid posts here on the DIS.

Just remember that you drive on the opposite side of the road. Be careful pulling out onto a road at an intersection. That you are on the correct side.

I have rented from Avis there before, but not since 2010. It was a short walk across the street from the terminal, and not difficult to reach or deal with. I can't speak to other rental companies.

Madthemouse has the most important point; they drive on the left side of the road there. Grand Cayman is the only place I have ever driven on the left side, and that was only on roads I was already familiar with because I had traveled on them previously multiple times as a passenger, which made it easier. I just kept thinking "right is left, right is left..."

Also they have many roundabouts (aka traffic circles) there. Yield to traffic already in the circle is the general rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter