Rented Points Trip Report April 2012

roryc

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to say that I have rented points twice on this board and both times have been great. The most recent trip Friday, April 27 I was in the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Value Studio for one night. The price I paid was $8/point for 15 points so $120. The transaction was completely smooth. The Disboard person I rented from had thousands of posts and was very professional. I paid upfront on PayPal and the DVC member even added deluxe dining for me (which I paid for at the same time as the room) and they lined up my Magical Express.

They emailed me the room confirmation and I received the Magical Express Information in the mail.

The room I got was overlooking the pool and was fabulous; 2 rooms off the lobby.

I just wanted to say that if you do your research, you can really find some great values. $8/point doesn't come along too often, but it worked out great for them as they got money in their account within 24 hours of posting and it worked out great for me as I got a $350/night room for $120...and because it was DVC, I could add dining; deluxe dining at that. Many of the DVC point services require a 2 night minimum stay so at $8-11/pt, it's a no-brainer to use the Rent/Trade board for a one to two night trip.

The last trip I did was in June 2011 and it was a one night at BLT with a castle view.

Good luck, be cautious, do your homework.

I'm so happy it all worked out great for you!

Do you have any pics of the value studio? I'd love to see them!

I was looking into this the other night & I didn't realize what a great deal renting points is! I do realize that there is a lot of trust that must be involved from renting directly from the owner but it's an absolute steal to stay somewhere that I normally could never afford!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!