Rental vs. Disney Busses

budley2000

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Radisson Parkway Resort (1 1/2 miles from Maingate) and I have reserved a rental car. I just saw on one of the other boards that a poster preferred using Disney Busses (and staying onsite) rather than driving because of getting caught in the "gate opening ceremony" at the TTC.

We've always used Disney's busses before so I don't really know what she meant. Are the busses allowed in before cars? Will there be a long line trying to get into the parks 1/2 hour before opening?

I'm trying to decide if I should switch my reservation to a DD hotel so I can use the busses. Any hellp would be appreciated. TIA

Stick with the car; though there is a line in the morning at MK it is not that bad. Also, bus service from anywhere off-site is not that good and that includes the Downtown Disney hotels which are considered "off-site" for bus purposes because Disney does not provide transportation to and from those -- they retain their own busses.

1. Without changing your off site hotel reservation, one day, just ride the bus from a park to a Disney resort and back.

2. Change one day of your vacation to stay at a Disney resort while keeping the car.

This will help you decide whether to book a Disney resort for your entire vacation next time. Some folks prefer the convenience of driving, others prefer the carefreeness of the bus.

On recent visits I have rented a car to go offsite for some meals but leave the car in the resort lot and ride the bus most of the time.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
*no longer exists

Hello budley2000-
While all off-site visitors with cars must (should) park at the TTC and then go to the MK, via monorail or ferry, the resort buses go directly to the MK entrance, bypassing the TTC. Even if you arrive at the TTC early, the resort guests on the buses will arrive at the gates ahead of you. The early attendance usually is a lot shorter then 1/2 hour waits.

Just a clarification to the above. Only on-site resorts have direct bus service to the MK front gate. Busses for off-site resorts , including DD resorts, go to the TTC from which you take a boat or monorail to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter