Rental through VRBO

smilie

I've been unwonked!
Has anyone had any luck with rentals through VRBO? I'd love to hear any experiences... Thanks!

We have rented through VRBO many times with success. Homeaway and VRBO are the same company. My biggest gripe about the platform is the fees charged by Homeaway. They charge renters a percentage fee and you get nothing for it. In the past when we have found a place that we liked, we tried to book direct with the owner so that we didn't have to pay the hefty booking fee.

We booked many times but stopped using them once they started the fees. Luckily we held on to contacts from previous renters and book directly with them.

Just be careful....some companies are charging crazy "manager fees." Saw something a couple of weeks ago listed for $40 a night (Windsor Hills) but the manager fees were like $350 for a 4 night stay. The "price per night" is not a true price- you have to click through to see all the fees and add-ons (such as cleaning fees, etc). Having said that, have used it successfully many times!

We use them all the time and have for years. We just got back on Monday from 2 weeks in a condo at Windsor Palms booked through VRBO. I recommend them to everyone. As others have said, just read the details and know the total price including taxes and fees, but that's really true anywhere including hotels.

We have used them lots of times - Florida, San Francisco, several places in Canada, Paris. All excellent experiences. Can't say that for AirBnB. Look for good reviews that don't say entered by owner.

We have used them lots of times - Florida, San Francisco, several places in Canada, Paris.
We have used them at places other than Disney, as well. We rented a wonderful chalet in Stowe, VT one summer. And I helped a former coworker use VRBO to book a condo in Hawaii for her honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!