• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Cars

TripletDad

Mouseketeer
I think I asked this before but my computer was down for a while and wasn't able to check responses.

What are tricks to renting a car at MCO. What companies should I Check into? What copanies should I avoid? Most Important of all how do I get the best rates. We will be at Disney July 13-19 with 4 days prior to that at JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando for the Triplet Connection Convention. Thanks for any advice anybody has to offer.

TripletDad. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The rental companies onsite at Orlando Airport (MCO) are Dollar, Avis, Budget, National and L&M. We will not rent from L&M again, bad experience. We have used Dollar, Avis, and National. Have had good experiences with all three, Dollar is usually cheapest. If you have the Entertainment book, National can be cheaper with a coupon and the Disney Club discount. It is early for discount codes to be out for July 2003 but there are some out: http://www.pcpages.com/rentalcodes/
Also try mousesavers.com for more car rental codes. I would do a search here at the DIS boards for more information, this subject comes up almost daily with lots of great information being posted.
Good Luck!

RobinLyn:D

We normally use Happy Limo, but on our last trip we had to rent a car since we were there for a conference and had to do lots of running around. I highly recommend using Priceline and bidding for a company in the airport...we ended up with Avis that way, for a price that we couldn't have gotten otherwise, even with the discount codes. They are located right in the airport, so all we had to do was go downstairs, check in at the counter, and then walk across the street to the parking garage to pick up our car. Much more painless than I thought it would be! I still prefer towncars, but if we have to rent a car again, that's what I'll do. And if I can't get something from Priceline, I will definitely use a discount code to get a car from one of the onsite locations.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I have a question....can you cancel or change your reservation once you reserve a car through Priceline? Do they charge you for a cancellation? I have never used Priceline and sounds like you can get some good deals. What are the rules, if anyone here knows?

RobinLyn

With Priceline you are charged in full when you bid is accepted and it cannot be cancelled or changed.

As Carol pointed out, Priceline cannot be changed or cancelled. If you are not happy with what you get, you are stuck!
You can find lots of good information about Priceline at www.biddingfortravel.com
We have had great luck with them...we've only done the rental car once, but we use them a lot for MCO area hotels to stay the night before our Disney cruises, and out of many stays we were only unhappy with the hotel once.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

what happened at l&m ??? i here good things about them . any other comments on l&m ???:confused:

I have a question....can you cancel or change your reservation once you reserve a car through Priceline? Do they charge you for a cancellation? I have never used Priceline and sounds like you can get some good deals. What are the rules, if anyone here knows?

No, you cannot cancel, change or modify your reservation with Priceline. The rules are very well spelled out on the Priceline site.
www.priceline.com
I have used them for my last three trips and have done very well.

We used Dollar on our 11/13-11/18 trip and found them to be great. We were upgraded from a compact to a 2002 Sebring convertabile. There was no wait at the counter and everyone was very friendly and helpful! Check mousesavers and also just try inputing your travel dates at dollars site - sometimes it comes up cheaper than with the codes!

Had anyone used the AWD #D002807 for Avis posted on mousesaver's website? I got the best rate for a compact car through this code. It is a code for Amature Sports Assistance Program (ASAP). I am not sure whether I can use it or not. Does it require a membership card or something else?

I have used Dollar, Avis, National and Alamo at MCO Orlando.Got good rates at all 3. Recently Avis was the cheapest using an AARP code. It has varied for me depending. Dollar, Avis and National were onsite. I didn't care for Alamo because it was not at the airport. Took about 10 minutes by shuttle bus. I recently had to change the drop off time due to a flight change - which seems to happen more these days. I wouldn't choose Price line for that reason - but this is an individual decision. Good luck!

i wish i only needed a compact car, i have 5 adults and suit cases ...... this aarp code do you need to give them papers or coupon when u pick up car ???

You need to be 50 or older to join the AARP. It costs about $12.50 for a 1 year membership. I think I paid for a 2 year membership and this reduced the price. Information is available at http://www.aarp.org

You sometimes have to show your membership card when you pick up the car. Right now AARP has discount codes for Avis, National and Hertz. Try A359800 for Avis. 6100120 for National.
50075 for Hertz. If you are not eligible for AARP you may want to try the Disney Club or other dsicounts. I got about 60 dolars off on my first rental so I figure the membership cost is covered. Be careful - discounts vary and are not always as cheap as other discounts from other sources. Car companies play games. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter