Rental Cars at Aulani

kcormier

Earning My Ears
We plan to take a taxi or something from the airport to the Aulani Resort. Has anyone rented a car for just one day while staying there? We want to leave the resort one day to go to Pearl Harbor and some other driving around. Has anyone else done this? Also, any words of advice for transportation to and from the airport? Thanks!

I don't have any suggestion about getting to Aulani without a car but there is a car rental on site - Alamo if I recall correctly. You may want to check what the cost is to rent for a day plus the transportation costs from/to the airport it may be cheaper to the rent the vehicle for the length of stay from the airport with a discount code than those single payments.

For example we had a car for 10 days for approx $250 tax inclusive through Budget with a discount code.

We got a great deal through Costco travel and wound up renting a car for the entire stay. I just kept checking the website and changing reservations once a lower price would come out. It was worth it to have the car for excursions, to go to the grocery store, and eat off site. Plus, if your a DVC member parking is free. The deal we got added up to be less expensive than a taxi to and from the airport, and a one day rental would have been.

I don't have any suggestion about getting to Aulani without a car but there is a car rental on site - Alamo if I recall correctly. You may want to check what the cost is to rent for a day plus the transportation costs from/to the airport it may be cheaper to the rent the vehicle for the length of stay from the airport with a discount code than those single payments.

For example we had a car for 10 days for approx $250 tax inclusive through Budget with a discount code.

Must be one great coupon code. Is it a corporate discount code or a public one?

Thank you very much!

You're welcome.. btw incase it's not clear you click on the car rental logo and it takes you to the car rental's website with an attached discount code.

You're welcome.. btw incase it's not clear you click on the car rental logo and it takes you to the car rental's website with an attached discount code.

Yup it took me awhile to figure that out. :) Their prices are better than Costco so I booked a reservation.

I wouldn't want to be at Aulani without a car since it's so far outside of Waikiki. We're going in August and I have been finding the Costco prices still astronomical ($330ish for 7 days) and the discounthawaiicarrental prices only so-so for our week ($226 for a mid-size ["Corolla or similar"]). Just a few days ago I submitted a bid on Priceline for $15 / day and it was accepted. :banana: Of course the taxes & fees piled on added up BUT I ended up with a bottom line at $192 for a "standard" size which is 1 size up from the mid-size and it was at National which is my preferred rental agency and that made me very happy. NOW if only I could find as good of a good price for a car on Maui for 4 days. They are much higher over there....best I've found there so far is $31 / day for a "mid-size".:eek: I am hoping I can hit another bid on Priceline soon for that one too.

We also rented a car during the summer of 2010. I had a reservation I could live with but kept checking. The week of our departure I got a last minute special from Alamo and rented a luxury Cadiliac CTS for 1 week for $175 with taxes. We very much enjoyed the freedom of having a car.

Enjoy your trip.

Yup it took me awhile to figure that out. :) Their prices are better than Costco so I booked a reservation.

Great! Glad it worked for you. I've kept this website book marked for our next trip as the deal I got was so good the last time. :)

I like that it books directly with the car rental agency as well and not a 3rd party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter