rental car

barbanm

Mouseketeer
I got a rate of 132 befire taxes for a midsize car through Budget rental car. Can anyone tell me if this is a good rate? Also I was under the impression that your spouse can drive rental car for no additional cost per day... is this true?

Thanks for your help

It would depend on which week it is. I just re-checked my national Emerald Aisle rates (and changed them again), and they went down a bit. I am paying $88.02, plus taxes, for a total of $119.92 for a full size car, using the Disney Club coupon and contact number (minus $26.40 for coupon and $17.60 contact #). I leave on August 28-Sept 3...I got the weekly rate.

Added: Oh, and I forgot..it does say in my Emerald Aisle stuff, that hubby can drive for no extra cost.

What is a contact number and which coupon I tried and tried emerald aisle for a full size car and the cheapest price they give me for 9 days is over $200 I have tried my DC # and coupon id for 1 free day which keeps kicking back to me I am going Nov 9 thru 18 can anyone please help what am I doing wrong????

I don't think you're doing anything wrong -- whenever I go to recheck my rate now the free day coupon give me an error message that says something about "capacity control" or something like that. I think that it means they are at the coupon limit for that time period.

If it helps you any my rate for a full size 9 days in November -- (8th - 16th) is $171 (tax and fees included).

dmrick has a 6 day ressie....seems to be getting a better rate on his coupon # since they take the base rate and divide it by the number of days to get the "free day"rate ....in his case 17.60 instead of 15.09 if you are renting for a week.....also there is less tax and licence recovery fee...as well as ....less tax and concession recovery fee since with the discounts his base rate for that time span is 88.02 instead of 90.53

our rate is for seven days and is 125$ all taxes in....going on august 26 - september 2

dmrick has a 6 day ressie

On my receipt, it is listed as one week ressies...we come in in the earlier morning, and leave on the 6th day just before noon, so when I count it up..I think it's seven days..don't they go by 24 hour periods, or any part of the seventh 24 hur period? When I made the same exact ressies two weeks ago, the base was 90.65. I still have it, if you'd like me to scan and fax it over to you...and I like the diff better in my pocket, than theirs! The point is, my ressies went down a couple more bucks, and it'll buy a bottle of water in the park..and I figure soon (I started out at $145!), they'll be paying me to pick up a car. And we would still have to know when the original poster is trying to get ressies for, and how many days to see if we can help her get them cheaper. Have you rechecked yours this week Lawgs? You might find it a tad lower also.

Doris :)

Thanks for all the responses. I am actually picking the car up in Fort Lauderdale August 30th where we will be visiting relatives untill September 2nd. We will then be in Disney Sept. 2nd - the 10th.

I am probably getting the higher rate 132.00 per week before taxes because I am not picking up at Orlando????

Are you using any codes or coupons? I am using both the Disney Club contact number, and the Disney Club coupon. Also, are you returning the car to the same place where you picked it up? Did you rent the car for just one week, or for the entire 11 days? I found Budget discounts in the BJ's newletter, if you are a member.
Doris

dmrick ....

yes i checked and it has not come down.....still 26.40 and 15.09 ....

where i got the 6 day rate from ...was your tire and battery charge.......it is only 12.30 instead of 14.35....

still you have a good rate.....do not worry about it if you are happy with it.....anything over 5 days is the same as 7 days as far as weekly base rate......it is just you are not paying as many taxes as we are...

=)

I AM FROM CANADA, FLYING PAN AM OUT OF BANGOR, MAINE TO ORLANDO/SANFORD AIRPORT (SFB) IN SEPT. OF THIS YEAR. AIR FARE IN CDN. $ WAS GREAT, BUT THOUGHT WHEN I WAS MAKING THE RESERVATIONS THAT IT WAS THE SAME AIRPORT WE FLEW INTO LAST TIME. UNFORTUNATELY I HAD CONFUSED IT WITH ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (mco). AFTER WE RECEIVED OUR CONFIRMATION I REALIZED THAT WE MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ARRANGING GROUND TRANSPORTATION AS WERE STAYING IN ORLANDO CLOSE TO INTERNATIONAL DRIVE SOME TWENTY TO THIRTY MILES AWAY. AFTER SOME CHECKING THERE IS TWO CAR RENTAL COMPANIES ON SITE, ALAMO AND DOLLAR, AND THREE OTHER CAR RENTAL AGENCIES LISTED (AVIS, HERTZ AND BUDGET)WITH SHUTTLE SERVICES ON SITE. HOWEVER WHEN I CHECKED THE TWO THAT ARE ON SITE, (ALAMO AND DOLLAR) THE COST IS CONSIDERABLY MORE. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE, EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN FLYING INTO SANFORD? AND WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT ARRANGING GROUND TRANSPORTATION? ANY SPECIAL CODES I MIGHT BE ABLE TO USE OR ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED THANKYOU!
P.S. ANY ONE KNOW OF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter