Rental Car Companys that are IN the terminal at MCO

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
I tried a "Search" but it does not seem to be working for me...Does anyone know what rental cars have a desk IN THE TERMINAL at MCO?? I know a new one was recently added. We used ALAMO last time and spent way to much time on there shuttle. We will not be getting into MCO until very late and decided to spend the extra $ for the convience. Thank you.

Alamo
National
Avis
Dollar
L and M ( I think)

herc.

Alamo just recently moved into the terminal. We just used them. Picked up on the evening of the 25th of January. Arrived at MCO around 10:15 and were in the garage choosing our car by 10:40 (and we had picked up our luggage as well).

Alamo moved inside?!?!?!

Debster812, have you used them before? If so, was their service improved? Are they close to the rest of the car counters?

debster do you get to choose which car you want from the category you picked from? I have a great rate booked right now through Alamo and would be very happy to be able to choose from various car types.

I know National is like that and we were pleased with it. My DH looks like a kid in a candy store when trying to choose which car he wants! lol;)

Budget is in there too. I found the list at www.orlandoairports.net. I wanted to avoid the shuttle, as Grama has Parkinson's, and doesn't do a lot of walking (we are renting a ECV for her).

The best rate I have found is Avis, then Alamo. any feedback on using either companies in Orlando? Thanks!

Debster812, have you used them before? If so, was their service improved? Are they close to the rest of the car counters?

I am not Debster, but, they are right next to the National counter.

debster do you get to choose which car you want from the category you picked from? I have a great rate booked right now through Alamo and would be very happy to be able to choose from various car types.

Nope they still assign the car to you.

The only way you would be able to pick your car is with National's Emerald Club via the Emerald Aisle or Emerald Choice, which is not available with Alamo.

The best rate I have found is Avis, then Alamo. any feedback on using either companies in Orlando? Thanks!

I have used both and found them to be just fine. So, I would go with the best rate. Just MHO.

Everyone--

We were very pleased with Alamo. The rep was nice, no hard sell on extras, and we were in the garage choosing our SUV within 10 minutes of walking up to the counter. We had reserved an SUV and they said we could choose whatever was on that section. Not sure if it is the same with the other classes of vehicles. We also got a pretty good rate. 11 days/full size SUV (Isuzu Trooper)/$297 with all taxes and fees.

All in all, from all the not-so-good reports I have read/heard about them, it seems like they are REALLY trying to get it together and so far it seems to be working.

I would use them again no problem.

Good Luck all!

Debbie

PS--Gail is right, they are right next to National (counter in the terminal and in the garage)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter