Rent pop-up camper?

Momto2plustwins

Earning My Ears
Im having a very hard time finding a place that rents pop up campers to the fort. We have a tent site booked, arrive on Halloween...will be driving all night to get there due to the Halloween party not being on the first this year. So we basically will have no time to set up camp. We have 4 kids, two that are two. It would be so much easier to have a pop up set up for us. Are they no longer available to rent?

We rented a pop up from Fort Camper Rental in 2015 but unfortunately they have closed. When I did research for 2017 I was unable to find another pop up rental company so we decided to go with a travel trailer from Greenburg (which we had to cancel for various reasons). Maybe somebody here will have better info for you. Good luck!

We rented a pop up from Fort Camper Rental in 2015 but unfortunately they have closed. When I did research for 2017 I was unable to find another pop up rental company so we decided to go with a travel trailer from Greenburg (which we had to cancel for various reasons). Maybe somebody here will have better info for you. Good luck!

Will a travel trailer work in a tent site? I know nothing about any type of camper.

If you don't mind staying in a tent, I am pretty sure FW rents them and will set them up for you. At least I know they will for group camping. You may want to call and get more information.

Will a travel trailer work in a tent site? I know nothing about any type of camper.

Every time we have been there, travel trailers have been in the tent loops. Usually quite a few of them. Last visit 11/2017.

There is no septic hook up on the tent sites, only electric, water, cable, and wifi. Depending on the trailer and length of stay, that may not be an issue. Travel trailers have black and grey water holding tanks that may be large enough to accommodate your length of stay without being emptied.

Last edited:

I can't comment on whether or not it will fit or if it's allowed, but just know that you won't have the sewer hookup in the tent loops. You will still have water and electricity though.

No they have been cracking down on that is the word.

I'm following this because i keep hearing conflicting info.

My 1 day old TT at 20.5 feet tip to tail is shorter than some pop ups out there and I have no slide outs. While shopping I was in a pop up that slept 8 that was 50% longer and 50% wider because it had a slide out.

I can't comment on whether or not it will fit or if it's allowed, but just know that you won't have the sewer hookup in the tent loops. You will still have water and electricity though.

Also we are I guess now former tent campers and the confort stations are way better then my bathroom at home. We are not even sure we are going to use the TT facilities to its fullest extent if you know what I mean. :)

I think the bigger issue if its allowed is if the rental places have a smaller TT that would fit on a tent/pop up site. I would think most are going to go for the bigger twin axle size rigs versus my little TT.

Also we are I guess now former tent campers and the confort stations are way better then my bathroom at home. We are not even sure we are going to use the TT facilities to its fullest extent if you know what I mean. :)

We have a full bathroom, with shower, in our pup. We don't use the shower on tent sites, and use the toilet for only #1. We are avid campers, mostly at Florida state parks, none of which have septic on sites. The advantage that we have is that our toilet is a cassette, which means we can just pull the tank out the side and take it to an empty site at the Fort to dump. We don't have to drag the entire trailer along. Our grey water tank is exterior and hooks to the hitch on our tow vehicle to tke to empty.

The best thing about being at Disney is that we fill the tanks half as fast. We are really only at the camper at night and early mornings. I "think" our cassette toilet is only 6 gallons and it will last two weeks at Disney with 5 people (I'm the only female, so not much TP) using it for #1 only. Same for our grey water tank, which is 32 gallon. We don't have to empty it until the end of two weeks at the Fort.

By comparison, the same people camping at a state park, it lasts about 5 or 6 days before we need to empty.

Meachams seem to have one. It's there camper number 32 and it says that it will fit on a tent/popup site. There is also camper number 31 but I'm not sure if this will fit. I've been looking myself as we have a tent site booked for December. I'm still hoping something bigger will come up but not liking my chances.

Meachams seem to have one. It's there camper number 32 and it says that it will fit on a tent/popup site. There is also camper number 31 but I'm not sure if this will fit. I've been looking myself as we have a tent site booked for December. I'm still hoping something bigger will come up but not liking my chances.

Camper #31 will fit on a tent/pop up site. It states that on their site, and the photos are of it set up on a Fort tent site.

Thanks for that. This is the one I want but I've been over the site several times and can't see where it says this.

Go to this page and scroll down until you see the photo of the camper on the left side of page. Right under it, there is blue writing that says Camper #FW31. Then directly below that blue writing it says it will fit on tent pop up sites. :)

Oh this is perfect info. I have a tent site booked for Christmas 2019 and my SIL is now mentioning she would like to join me but would need to rent a trailer of some kind. Any thoughts about whether she can use the bathroom in the trailer if she rents from Meechams? She can shower in the main bathroom but has mobility issues so being able to use the trailer bathroom would help.

Hi first time we went last year to the fort we rented an rv it was awesome and we camp all the time but we have tents.... We have a 3yr old so doing a tent in Disney was not going to happen lol ... But look onto Rv Share. great prices you put in search the Fort .. some people will deliver for free and very easy.... and you could see what ur getting . We are renting again for June 10 days am wow the price i would pay for a hotel is crazy as bad i have 7 people going we all fit in the trailer ..

Not all pop ups have bathrooms and showers, so.check first if thats what your needing.

Hi first time we went last year to the fort we rented an rv it was awesome and we camp all the time but we have tents.... We have a 3yr old so doing a tent in Disney was not going to happen lol ... But look onto Rv Share. great prices you put in search the Fort .. some people will deliver for free and very easy.... and you could see what ur getting . We are renting again for June 10 days am wow the price i would pay for a hotel is crazy as bad i have 7 people going we all fit in the trailer ..

Oh boy...you just sent me down a rabbit hole. Popup trailers look very reasonably priced! Especially compared to the $1k quote I got from Meechams for 1 week.

Oh boy...you just sent me down a rabbit hole. Popup trailers look very reasonably priced! Especially compared to the $1k quote I got from Meechams for 1 week.
Yea we looked into them i thought the price was high .. but we loved our trailer the owner was always available for us , i rented a 27 and it was perfect 6 days under 800 an free delivery no hidden fees just what my wallet needed lol .. i hope i could help Disney is expensive as it is so saving some money helps ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter