Rent a wheel chair

RIdisfan

Mouseketeer
We may need to rent a chair in just over a week . Can I do this at Pop or do I need to do that before hand
I can also use some coast if anyone can help , thank you

If you will need/want the wheelchair for around the resort and to/from parks, you will need to arrange for a third party rental. The disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum lists some vendors near the end of post #2. It will be less expensive than renting in-park each day.

In-park rentals are available on a first-come first-served basis in each park. However, these cannot be reserved in advance, nor can they be removed from the parks - so the person is on their own power to go between the front gate and transportation.

Enjoy your vacation!

I hurt my ankle right before a trip five years ago. After one day of walking I realized I could not do it. Saratoga Springs, where we stayed, actually had a wheel chair we could borrow free of charge. It was great, as we had a car at the time so we were able to use it getting from the parking lots into the parks. I would call Pop and see if they have them as well. Otherwise you will have to "rent" for the day from each park. Economically wise it will be cheaper
to rent from an off property location for your length of stay. This was five years ago and it is a DVC hotel so things may not be the same at Pop. Good luck!

Saratoga Springs, where we stayed, actually had a wheel chair we could borrow free of charge.

WDW resorts no longer offer free wheelchairs, even for unexpected needs. They do have wheelchairs available, but my understanding is they will push you where you need to go and then take the wheelchair back. Resort wheelchairs now are truly just for immediate-need emergencies.

Enjoy your vacation!

I highly recommend Walker Mobility! Great service and it was awesome having the chair 24/7.

WDW resorts no longer offer free wheelchairs, even for unexpected needs. They do have wheelchairs available, but my understanding is they will push you where you need to go and then take the wheelchair back. Resort wheelchairs now are truly just for immediate-need emergencies.

Enjoy your vacation!
yes this is true I hurt my foot a few years ago and the CM meet me at the bus and pushed me back to my room in the wheelchair they had, they said depending on the resort most only have 1 or 2, This was right after they stopped having wheelchair at the resorts like 4 years ago.

We may need to rent a chair in just over a week . Can I do this at Pop or do I need to do that before hand
I can also use some coast if anyone can help , thank you

no. it most be done at the parks themselves, or better yet, rent from off site so you have it with you at all times. the park chairs cannot leave the actual park, so the trek to and from the transportation hubs is all on you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter