Renovated Coronado Springs ... Not a Fan

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cobright, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

The only Disney theming I see in the above photo is the characters in the wall pictures. Without significant Disney theming, the edge is lost over more affordable offsite hotels with a similar contemporary decor (Hyatt, Springhill, etc).

2. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I would rather have a room with the shower stall only. Easier to get in and out of. Maybe we all have to put a request in for which we want.

Tramp&TheLady and DisneyArkie like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman Mouseketeer

I mean 60 day FP, MDE, EMH, etc. are an edge to some. Its all in what you are after. If Disney went all out with theming the other side would have just complained that weren't keeping up with modern styling.

Again, Disney is redoing CSR for conference goers not for families. If you have kids you aren't really the main target market for CSR. Sure they want families to book to so they can fill the beds during non-conference times. But that didn't do the remodel for them.

5. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I am torn on that. I will never stay at AoA as the theming is out of control. A little bit is better than too much imho.

DisneyArkie likes this.
  6. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

Previous theming at mods and deluxes prior to refurbs, was not only character-based, but also included strong elements of the particular resort's themed setting. As each one has been refurbed, these thematic elements of the resort's themed setting have been removed or severely toned down. For example, other than wall pictures, the CSR room doesn't look especially southwestern anymore.

7. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman Mouseketeer

You clearly didnt see that one picture of a cactus :)

buzznina likes this.
  8. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

Actually I did as I'd already amended in my post, but I was looking for more theming in the room decor as there used to be, rather than just in pictures on the wall.

9. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 The best thing about Memories is making them

I have to agree with you...

After spending all day in the parks with Disney theming up the wazoo, I actually don't mind going back to a room that has subtle touches but that's just my preference.

10. SarahC97

SarahC97 DIS Veteran

But not all Disney hotels are Disney themed, but they are themed. Polynesian, Boardwalk, POR - I think they're all themed really well, just not over the top Disney.

Tink-osophy likes this.
  11. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 The best thing about Memories is making them

CSR happens to be our favorite moderate and while it may seem large, we find it to be much easier to navigate then POR or CBR which IMHO appear way more spread-out. Our stays in the past were either the business class rooms which used to exist in the Cabanas section or a preferred room in the Casitas section as we knew both locations meant less walking outside and a short walk to the main building. We have enjoyed the Pepper Market in the past, when I know a lot of folks didn't. Their main pool, again, IMHO, is the 2nd best pool on property with SAB at the BC/YC taking first place!

I always say different strokes for different folks!

Princessclab likes this.
  12. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:
    I also do not like over the top, but it seems they go from one extreme to the other. Maybe a bit more color on the walls, put lights behind the 3 amigos pic between the beds to make it stand out a bit.

Tink-osophy likes this.
  13. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The platform beds bother the klutz in me because I'd be banging my shin on the corner every night (and during the night heading to the bathroom). I'd leave WDW after staying in a room like that looking like I got beat up on the trip.

Searc likes this.
  14. Catvondita

Catvondita A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World

I actually always wanted to stay at Coronado specifically for the old rooms. I loved the dark wood look with the blue runner. I thought it was so elegant looking. I don't love the Tan and white palette but this is just the way Disney is moving.

snappy and DaisyDuck001 like this.
  15. DisneyArkie

DisneyArkie Mouseketeer

TBH if y’all want Disney themed you are more than welcome to book Art of Animation. That should do it for ya...

I really think there is a little bit for everybody at Disney. Hence the reason they have so many different themed resorts.

mommyrosa2 likes this.
  16. Tramp&TheLady

Tramp&TheLady Mouseketeer

where's the dislike button?

Tink-osophy, snappy and Catvondita like this.
  17. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman Mouseketeer

Even the old rooms weren't heavily themed they just brought the SW feel in with the little details. The details on the door and carpet, and the runner on the bed did a lot to add to the feel.

[​IMG]

18. DisneyArkie

DisneyArkie Mouseketeer

Lol

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Tramp&TheLady likes this.
  19. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

The one thing that is most consistent about Disney is change. We were going to CSR back when the rooms looked like this. Some actual color in the rooms, now the bed spreads might be a bit much in today's world but they had some color.

[​IMG]

I just really feel across the board they have made all the spaces look generic, some of that Disney magic is gone.

Same goes for the Pepper Market vs El Mercado. IMHO they could have made a few changes and added Coco and it would have been fun, now it looks like a mall food court.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Searc

Searc Mouseketeer

Almost all of the DS hotels now have EMH and 60 day fastpasses. Every WDW guest has the option of using MDE.

snappy and DaisyDuck001 like this.
  21. Searc

Searc Mouseketeer

Except, as those resorts are refurbed, they are being dramtically de-themed. The link posted above to the new Pepper Market? Looks just like my local McDonald's. o_O