Removing remainder wallpaper? and

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. How do yous get all the rest of the junk off the walls after the wallpaper is off? I need it cleaned to paint.
And what do yous use to clean built up grease from the side of appliances.I went and moved our stove to paint and the side of the stove is a mess with grease and splatter that dripped down between the cupboard and stove.

My first attempt at removing wallpaper involved this liquid stuff you buy from the Home Depot made esp. to remove paper. What I found out is that hot water in a spray bottle works just as well. Score the walls with a wallpaper remover tool - looks like a doorknob with pointy needles on the opposite side that make tiny tears in the paper to allow moisture in and under. You just sort of roll it over the walls. Then spray the water on, wait a few seconds and began scraping it off with a metal spackle tool. It takes a lot of elbow grease to do it. It is a big job. You could rent a steamer made to steam wallpaper off the wall. This makes the task easier. If you already peeled the top layer of paper off and you still have the second thin layer stuck on the wall, this method works to remove that as well.

As for grease, Formula 409 spray works great. Spray it on, wipe it all off.

For the grease I vote for 409, and/or just hot dishsoap water and good old fashioned elbow grease.

As for the wallpaper, I've seen on TV shows them using a spray bottle with a mixture of liquid fabric softener and water to get wallpaper and residue off. Never tried it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter