Remembering a dear friend, Sylvia..(sound) **Update 6/9 Pg 4**

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sorry to say that i didn't know Sylvia.... but through you, Dan, and CB'ers i have a little insight into the wonderful person she was.... thank you all, for sharing with me.

i gotta go find my hankie now....

:(

Thank you for this beautiful tribute, Dan. Sylvia's family remains in my prayers. I also pray for a cure for breast cancer, a terrible disease which robs us of so many dear people.

Thank you Dan.

What a beautiful tribute.

Tamie

Thanks Dan.
It was really nice to also see an updated picture of Nick.. I hope he is doing well.

I too can't believe it's been 2 yrs and I see the date all the time as it's in my signature.
It's scary how fast time does pass..........

Kathi

I never had the opportunity to DIS with this truly remarkable lady but the flood of tears streaming down my face right now feels like I've just lost my best friend. Thank you for sharing her with me.

:( Not much I can say, except I remember Sylvia too....

Dan, you are such a good friend and so kind to keep this wonderful lady's memory so alive. As if we could ever really forget but now others know her too and that's a nice thing. Thanks so much. :)

Thank you Dan for sharing this with us.

Sylvia is definitely remembered and thought of, as is her family, especially Nick.

That is so nice Dan and thanks for going to all that work to post this. What a lovely rememberance of Sylvia.:D Nick looks like such a strong and handsome boy now. They grow up so fast don't they?

A very close friend of mine is going through her second bout with breast cancer (it's gone into her bones now)and it's so hard to see her suffer but she is one determined lady and I hope she'll keep up her inner strength the way Sylvia did.:sunny:

Thanks again Dan.:)

Thanks Dan!!!! As I was beginning my day on Sat morning - around 4am - for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer I said a small prayer and told Sylvia we needed a nice day (I told my mom that too) and they both produced an AWESOME day!!! The sun came out of the clouds just as they were getting ready to start Opening Ceremony at 6:30! It truly was great!!!!

Thanks so much for that poignant tribute. Still remember Sylvia to this day.

I tried to call Sylvia's mom, Margarete, on Saturday. I did get their answering machine. I recalled her earlier today (late afternoon) and was able to talk with both Margarete and her husband, Sylvia's stepdad, Larry. It was great to hear them both again. Margarete had been making a visit to the cemetary with grandson, Nick, when I called on Saturday.

She said Nick is doing well, doing great in school, living with his dad, Brad.

Some sad news to report however. Larry, Sylvia's stepdad, will be operated on this Friday for colorectal cancer. His doctors think it is in the early stages, hopefully not requiring chemo nor radiation followup, but a colostomy looks like it will be the result of this Friday's coming surgery. Larry seems to be accepting, knowing it could certainly be worse.

I told both him and Margarete, that he, along with her, would be in our collective DIS prayers and best wishes. Please keep them in your good thoughts and prayers.

And Cotye, so nice to see you here on this memorial thread for Sylvia. As far as I know, you were the only DIS'er who met Sylvia in person, in the hospital, not long before she passed. Thanks for stopping by to visit this great lady, both then, and now.

Dan

Thank you Dan for keeping Sylvia's memory alive. I, like many other diser's, never had the opportunity to meet this wonderful person who touched so many of your lives. You have given us new guys the chance we never had in life to know Sylvia.

My prayers are with Larry for a successful sugury and a rapid recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!