Remember when I asked for that cookie recipe?? I think I have it!!

*Robin*

bibbity bobbity boo!
Hi guys, do you remember when I was looking for something to resemble Blondies cookies a while back? Well, I think I have come pretty close...if anyone is interested, I'll post the recipes.

:)

Post it, Robin! :D :D :D I'm always looking for new cookie recipes! ;) :bounce:

d

Ok, here you go...I'm playing with the idea of putting really fine ground pecans in the sugar cookie recipe...I think it would add to the texture a bunch, but I'm not sure what the oils will do in the process! :)

Cut out sugar cookies

1-1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
1 In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and
chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured
surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place
cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3 Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

NOTE: I make these almost a half an inch thick...I don't think you want them to be too thin. I figured this out checking out all those cookie shops at the malls...These are not crispy, but slightly cakey...thus I'm thinking about the pecans. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Now for the frosting...I know this sounds odd...but I swear, it tastes exactly like the frosting that we love from Blondies. And for the shortening, I used butter flavored crisco. The only problem with that is you don't get a true white. It's slightly ivory...so judge accordingly to what you want.

Cookie Frosting

4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 t. salt
1T. butter flavoring (not required)
1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or other flavoring
food coloring I used paste and liquid together and got incredible results

Directions
1 In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening
until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer
until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.

Please let me know if you try these, and how you think they could be better...I'm always open for suggestions...but just to let you know...they were such a huge hit at school last week that I had 6 requests for recipes...so they aren't horrible! :):):):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter