Remember that time we spent NYE in Disney? A Holidays 2012 at BLT Trip Report

Leitadala

Mouseketeer
INTRODUCTION

In 2010, while enjoying the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade from our cozy seats in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, DH and I were able to convince the family that our next Christmas should be in the World. This trip report takes place two years after that, for our 2012 Family Christmas in Disney World!

The Cast:
Leitadala (Me): I had my first Disney trip when I was 5. I thought it was my consolation prize for my mom having a new baby, but turns out my Grandparents just loved Disney and would use any excuse to go, including Well give you some time with the new baby while we take the two Granddaughters to Florida. They ended up retiring there seven years after that trip, and both got jobs at their favorite place, which meant many, many trips there for us grandkids! To me, Disney is home.

Renalis (DH): We went to WDW for the first time in 2008 and have gone every year since then, including an extra trip to Aulani in 2011 and Disneyland in 2012. Hes a certified Disney Nut. We were sold on DVC in 2009 but finally bought in 2011, and we call BLT home! DH loves all the food at Disney and has been saying he will write a food report for years. We have even been known to pull up DIS food reports for quality date time.

RipperSB (FIL) and MIL: Their first trip! They didnt exactly comprehend our repeated Disney trips until they were finally able to experience it for themselves. I had a good feeling that if DH loved it as much as he did, that the people who raised him would enjoy it there, but we were pleasantly surprised that they LOVED it, and ended up bying their own BLT points! Can we say more family Disney trips! Hopefully RipperSB will be chiming in with more pictures and comments to add to the trip report!

More Info:

We are leaving behind our two fur babies in this Trip Report, Miss Piggy and Stitch Jr. Theyll get a taste of the World next year, when they get to stay at the Kennel Club! Which brings me to the reason why Im anxious to write this report: because Im preparing for our next December trip 4 months away! So there are lots of pictures of Christmas decorations and New Years fireworks for those excited for upcoming holiday trips!

For this trip we stayed in a 2-Bedroom Villa with a standard view (we faced the pool).

Leitadala, Renalis, MIL, and RipperSB

DAY ONE: Dec 29, Arrival Day
DAY TWO: Dec 30, Magic Kingdom
DAY THREE: Dec 31, Hotel Hop and DVC tour
DAY FOUR: Jan 1, Epcot
DAY FIVE: Jan 2, Magic Kingdom
DAY SIX: Jan 3, Hollywood Studios
DAY SEVEN: Jan 4, Animal Kingdom
DAY EIGHT: Jan 5, Magic Kingdom

Bubbles53 and I departed YQR early, cuz that's the only time the flights seem to depart is 0-dark-30 early. Travelled via DEN to MCO where we awaited Leitadala and Renalis. Their instructions for us, to go from the gate to the DME counter were impeccable. Although we did get a littled side-tracked by the Disney Store (ooooooo... shiny!) where a very friendly CM discovered it was our first visit and promptly produced two "First Visit" buttons and a Sharpie. We had a little help directing us to the check in counter for the DME:

DSCN0202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We checked in and waited for the kids to arrive but got a peek of the motorcoach as it waited:

The excitement builds as we wait, anxious for the Disney experiance to begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter