• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Regional parks fairing better

In our paper they stated that Busch Gardens Williamsburg had a 17% increase. Maybe disney should go their to get ideas how to improve their product and find somebody to help them out. I was at the park last year and had a great time!!

Many smaller regional parks, however, held their own or had increases in attendance, due in part to their accessibility by car, according to Amusement Business, a trade publication.

This is the key. If the vast majority of people have to fly to Orlando and choose not to get on a plane then WDW as well as US/IOA as well as SW, will suffer. As many people that travel by air to Orlando, they can't recoup the business from local (driving distance) audiences like regional parks.

My point being, a place like Busch Gardens or Canobie Lake Park, in my home town will benefit by just being where they are. WDW, et al, lose due to their location when people are hestant to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter