? regarding using pre-made frozen meatballs

Mishetta

<font color=FF6600>All I get to play is "crashing
I usually make my own sauce & meatballs from scratch but it's just too much work & I got those pre-made meatballs on sale. Soo....I purchased a jarred sauce & I was wondering, could I put about 15 of those small meatballs in a crock pot & just add the jar of sauce & let them simmer for a few hours? Would the sauce be too watery? Can I just put the frozen meatballs in the crock pot or do I need to defrost them first? If I can toss the meatballs & sauce in crock pot, how long would I have to cook them?

Probably sounds like a dumb question, but I've never used the frozen meatballs & have very rarely used jarred sauce!

Thanks!

I've done it, but don't usually leave them on Low for more than 4 hours. If I do them 6 the sauce starts to turn brown along the edge of the crock like it's burning. The first few times I either let the meatballs sit until they were fairly defrosted or nuked them the recommended time to defrost only before putting in the crock. After that I didn't bother...just make sure there is a good amount of sauce between them & any surface of the crock. (assuming it's a stone crock & not metal)

It varies a bit if you're using the Mama Lucia meatballs that come 15 in a box vs the ones that come in a big bag. The directions on the packaging are the same, but there is a big difference in size. The ones in the box are much bigger. I now get the Kirkland ones at CostCo - we really prefer the taste - and they're much smaller also.

Good luck with them...we prefer them cooked in the sauce...I now do sweet Italian sausage this way too...and that's generally frozen when I put it in as well.

Just a few days ago I purchased and used frozen meatballs for the first time (and I've been married 19 years.) I've always made my own but a friend told me of a brand that she said to try and since I work full time now I decided to bite the bullet and try the frozen. I sprayed the crockpot with Pam cooking spray and put the meatballs in and covered them with sauce. Paul Newman's Sockarooni is my favorite. They simmered for about 3-4 hours on low and were great. Not quite homemade but close enough and without the work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter