? Regarding Room Only Reserv. at GC

Amy1013

Earning My Ears
I'm interested in making reservations at the Grand Californian, for a room only. I've checked out Disney's site, but it seems like they only give you reservations for package deals. I only want to reserve a room, without all the other add-ons- or at least be able to check and see what the room prices are for the time we're considering going.

Does anyone know if there's a way to check out room only rates and/or reservations, either at Disney's site or another travel page?

Thanks for any help!

Amy

That annoys me too, but as far as I know Disney's site only has package deals.

A kind soul on this board directed me to expedia.com and travelocity.com. Both have DL hotels listed. However, I was very surprised when I called Disney myself and I was quoted a better deal than on either expedia or travelocity. This could have been because I asked for the AAA discount. We are going in September and the PP is $150, DLH is $175 and GC is $238. You can reach Disney directly at 714-956-MICKEY.

Good Luck!
Susan

Thanks, Susan! Those are all great ideas- I hadn't even thought of going to Expedia.com, and I use them quite often. I'm a AAA member, as well, and was hoping to be able to find out if there were discounts for that.

Thanks, and I'll try out your ideas! If anyone else has also had any luck getting a AAA discount, I'd love to hear how you went about it getting it, especially for making room only reservations.

Amy

Amy1013, Peter Pan Fan's info is absolutely right. Call that number (which is Disneyland Reservations -- equivalent to the WDW CRO) directly and ask for the "best available" rate and mention that you're a member of AAA. They can book the AAA "room only" rates for you.

I got excellent prices by calling directly -- Travelocity and Expedia were discounted, but the very best rates were available through Disneyland Reservations.

Mary

Two votes for calling Disney directly- I'll go with that :)

Many thanks to both of you!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter