Regal Eagle Smokehouse

Hoping it will be open by April. It sounds like a fun new option for lunch.

Actually, the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia etc. all tend to favor pork barbecue. I believe that Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri are where barbecue is mostly beef.

Really, I think most everywhere except Texas favors pork. Kansas City does at least as it is often compared to Memphis Barbecue. Texas is brisket country.

After traveling through many states for work and enjoying Bar-B-Q, a new perspective was gained in Greenville, SC years ago. Greenville was the only city that residents responded with "what kind?" when asked for local BBQ stops. A preference was clearly sought, for mustard, vinegar, or tomato based and also pork or beef. Only when the preference was expressed then the question was answered. A new found respect for what seems to be a simple question as to who has the best BARBQ.

Anyone know what Regal Eagle will support? Tomato based versus a dry rub, pork versus beef?

After traveling through many states for work and enjoying Bar-B-Q, a new perspective was gained in Greenville, SC years ago. Greenville was the only city that residents responded with "what kind?" when asked for local BBQ stops. A preference was clearly sought, for mustard, vinegar, or tomato based and also pork or beef. Only when the preference was expressed then the question was answered. A new found respect for what seems to be a simple question as to who has the best BARBQ.

Anyone know what Regal Eagle will support? Tomato based versus a dry rub, pork versus beef?

From Disney Park Blog (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-regal-eagle-smokehouse-coming-soon-to-epcot/)
On the menu are a variety of sandwiches and platters as well as a plant-based option. Chow down on a sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast or the South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions.
You can also feast on Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, all available by themselves or as part of a delicious hearty platter. For a lighter option, you can grab the Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette. And if you’re looking for an all-American burger, try the grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring or take a bite out of the plant-based BBQ burger featuring a plant-based patty topped with BBQ jackfruit served on vegan garlic toast.
Of course, if you’re like me, you’ll enjoy slathering your entrée in a delicious barbecue sauce. Sauces include a spicy mop sauce, sweet BBQ, tangy mustard, and a vinegar-based sauce. The side items include your classic barbecue complements like french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw.

From Disney Word official site (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/regal-eagle-smokehouse/)
A Salute to Barbecue
Step inside a smokehouse celebrating the regions of American backyard barbecue and craft beers. Join us for a delicious meal as our pit master uses techniques from classic barbecue regions to smoke our selections over oak wood.
Are you ready to bring your barbecue game to the next level? Try any of our 4 delicious house-recipe sauces! Which one is your favorite?
  • Spicy Mop Sauce – inspired by Texas-style “mop”
  • Sweet BBQ Sauce – inspired by classic dry rub seasonings
  • Vinegar-based Sauce – inspired by North Carolina’s tradition of vinegar and pepper
  • Tangy Mustard Sauce – often referred to as “Carolina Gold”
:drinking1

Actually, the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia etc. all tend to favor pork barbecue. I believe that Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri are where barbecue is mostly beef.
Okies aren't pickie, if it used to walk, fly or swim it can be smoked. Although I think at restaurants beef tends to be the most popular, while pork is more popular for DYI.

We most often smoke pork or chicken at home, and in restaurants (not bbq restaurants) with smoked meat it’s always one of those two. I didn’t realize smoked beef was a big thing! I live in central Florida (not the Orlando area).

We most often smoke pork or chicken at home, and in restaurants (not bbq restaurants) with smoked meat it’s always one of those two. I didn’t realize smoked beef was a big thing! I live in central Florida (not the Orlando area).

Here in Texas its all about the brisket. The problem with Disney cooking it is that you can easily dry brisket out. BBQ places here will slow cook brisket overnight. I highly doubt Disney will be doing it this way.

As someone who travelled a ton for work, HS in Eastern North Carolina, and now lives in Florida: North and South Carolina are very interesting: Eastern North Carolina- Pulled Pork with east carolina BBQ sauce ( Vinegar Based), Western North and South Carolina- Mustard Based, South Carolina Coastal a mix of both with the southern coastal and central region adding in Ketchup and smoked types due to the Georgia influence. Thats why in most central areas in north or South Carolina ( Greenville, Charlotte, Raleigh) if you ask for BBQ, people will ask what kind.

Here in Texas its all about the brisket. The problem with Disney cooking it is that you can easily dry brisket out. BBQ places here will slow cook brisket overnight. I highly doubt Disney will be doing it this way.
There's no way it'll be good as it is in Texas, my expectations right now are that this stuff will be decent if you smother it in sauce, which is good enough for me as far as Disney food goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter