Refunds coming through?

HappySmileyGirl

Earning My Ears
We had a trip booked for May, which we’ve had to cancel about 10 days ago given the current situation & our final balance being due, which we didn’t want to pay knowing that we wouldn’t be going. As they couldn’t offer any re-book for next September, which is our next available slot to go, they said that they would refund our deposit. Up to now we haven’t received this payment - how are other folks doing with the length of time between cancellation & money coming back?

We had a mid-April flight only booked with Virgin, which we requested a refund on on 21st March.
No sign of a refund yet, although they did say “some payments are taking up to 90 days to be processed”.

Interesting, because today I’ve claimed a refund from Jet2, who I would imagine have more passengers to deal with, and they’ve said it should be back in my account within 5-7 days...

My Disney refund came through yesterday, & they have been such a pleasure to deal with once you get through. But for me the total stars have been Alamo, where the refund for our car rental showed up in our account only one day after cancelling.
No idea how we’re going to fare with BA (the omens are not good), but we need to wait for them to actually cancel the flight first..

We had a mid-April flight only booked with Virgin, which we requested a refund on on 21st March.
No sign of a refund yet, although they did say “some payments are taking up to 90 days to be processed”.

Interesting, because today I’ve claimed a refund from Jet2, who I would imagine have more passengers to deal with, and they’ve said it should be back in my account within 5-7 days...
Virgin have said they will need a bailout so my guess is they are holding onto cash. It cannot take 90 days to hit the refund button and the computer pay the money back.

Tui package holiday - was due to fly today :( was cancelled by TUI on 19 March - no refund received as yet. was told could be up to 28 days (which takes me up to 15 April). Also waiting for seat booking fee which should be refunded after today as the plane didn't go. Good luck!

Please come back and let us know how BA behaves.
No idea how BA are doing at the moment but DS and his wife are still waiting for their cancelled flights from last September's strike to be reimbursed (not totally straightforward to be fair because of the use of points to upgrade to Premium Economy on the original booking but they're 7 months on now). Think BA have had so many incidents to deal with over the past year that they're in a bit of a mess!

Mrs TT

Cancelled a flight To NYC on March 9th.. yet to have a refund though I have an email from 3 weeks ago stating they are working on it.

Virgin finally cancelled my WDW holiday last week and have been told it will take up to 90 days, with their money worries I expect it to hit my bank (which is actually a virgin account) at day 90

I found out a couple of days ago that Universal Resort is closed through end of May at least, but this had been announced prior to that. Although I had a booking with them for 18th May, I didn’t get an email or any notification from Loews. Poor show I thought.
However, once I had emailed them myself asking for the refund of my deposit, I got a reply back within a few hours stating that the money will be refunded to my account within 14 working days.

Cancelled a flight To NYC on March 9th.. yet to have a refund though I have an email from 3 weeks ago stating they are working on it.

Virgin finally cancelled my WDW holiday last week and have been told it will take up to 90 days, with their money worries I expect it to hit my bank (which is actually a virgin account) at day 90
Keeping fingers crossed for you

Please come back and let us know how BA behaves.
Still waiting for my refund... Many calls made & various excuses, but saying I will need to keep waiting until I reach the top of the queue for a second time (apparently, I have already been there once but because my credit card had expired on its end date they couldn’t put the refund through first time - never heard of that before on other refunds). Yesterday, after a 6 week wait, I informed them that I would be doing a chargeback on my credit card if the money wasn’t in my account in a week, so I was giving them a courtesy call to avoid that as I know that it would cost them money. Miraculously, while on previous calls there was nothing that could be done by the call handler to speak to the refunds team, this time they went & discussed it & said that my refund will be processed in the next 24 hours. Time will tell if the money will arrive, but I have given them the opportunity to avoid the chargeback.

Still waiting for my refund... Many calls made & various excuses, but saying I will need to keep waiting until I reach the top of the queue for a second time (apparently, I have already been there once but because my credit card had expired on its end date they couldn’t put the refund through first time - never heard of that before on other refunds). Yesterday, after a 6 week wait, I informed them that I would be doing a chargeback on my credit card if the money wasn’t in my account in a week, so I was giving them a courtesy call to avoid that as I know that it would cost them money. Miraculously, while on previous calls there was nothing that could be done by the call handler to speak to the refunds team, this time they went & discussed it & said that my refund will be processed in the next 24 hours. Time will tell if the money will arrive, but I have given them the opportunity to avoid the chargeback.
My son’s BA flight from Argentina to the U.K. was cancelled this week. He pm’d them on twitter and they answered immediately and he received a refund within 24 hours.

I texted VA and their initial response was a bit unclear. However I asked for clarification and I asked for a full refund which they agreed to. The customer service rep told me she's put the request in, but, it could take a few weeks, I'm okay with that so long as I get it including what I paid for my exit seats.

Our American Airlines code share with BA cancelled rang BA offered refund immediately but said seat selection payment would be refunded separately. Within 24 hours refund had been paid which also included seat selection. We were really pleased with the customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!