Refund from closure, getting through to Seaworld on phone

Susan2771

DIS Veteran
Hello! Has anyone had any success in getting a refund from tours and tickets purchased in advance from SeaWorld? We had purchased tours and tickets back in January for March but then the park closed down. We called in Mid-March and was able to get through, and they said the refund was already automatically being processed since the tour was for a specific date. As of today, still no refund has appeared on our credit card. We have been trying everyday this week to get through on the phone for a further update on the refund, but the hold time is over 4 hours, the line just cuts off after a while, and when we instead go the route of putting in the phone number for a call back, we get no call back at all.
Just wondering if anyone has had success in getting refunds?? Thank-you and be safe!

I’m so sorry . We have DC booked for August and I’m hopeful we can reschedule for dec .. hopeful

We finally contacted our credit card company (Amex) and filed claims there, with proof of our unsuccessful attempts to cancel/obtain refunds. We were credited within a few days. I spoke with SeaWorld customer service by phone, by email, via Facebook Messenger, AND with Busch Gardens (with weeks elapsing) without any success. I know they are overwhelmed with refund requests, but we were told by phone that the refunds would be completed within 14 days, and it was well beyond that when we reached out to Amex.

Yikes this scares me. We have discovery cove tickets booked for June 1st. Canceling everything has been the biggest headache.

We finally contacted our credit card company (Amex) and filed claims there, with proof of our unsuccessful attempts to cancel/obtain refunds. We were credited within a few days. I spoke with SeaWorld customer service by phone, by email, via Facebook Messenger, AND with Busch Gardens (with weeks elapsing) without any success. I know they are overwhelmed with refund requests, but we were told by phone that the refunds would be completed within 14 days, and it was well beyond that when we reached out to Amex.
Thank you for this. I’m scared that this is what we are going to have to do with chase. We bought our discovery cove tickets during their blue Friday sale. Although I would be fine with rescheduling it but I don’t have a clue when that could be.

Hello! Has anyone had any success in getting a refund from tours and tickets purchased in advance from SeaWorld? We had purchased tours and tickets back in January for March but then the park closed down. We called in Mid-March and was able to get through, and they said the refund was already automatically being processed since the tour was for a specific date. As of today, still no refund has appeared on our credit card. We have been trying everyday this week to get through on the phone for a further update on the refund, but the hold time is over 4 hours, the line just cuts off after a while, and when we instead go the route of putting in the phone number for a call back, we get no call back at all.
Just wondering if anyone has had success in getting refunds?? Thank-you and be safe!
I called DC (not SW), and asked to change both my DC tickets and my SW all-dine/quick-queue passes, and it was no problem. Actually, I called DC to change my DC tickets, then called SW, who said it was going to be a 3-hour hold time, so I called DC right back and got through right away, and they changed my SW passes without complaint.

Note that we changed to later dates, so that may be a whole different animal than refunds, though.

Thank-you. After 2 days of trying to get through on the phone with hours of wait time, the call center representative said that for some reason they are really behind on issuing the refunds. Our tour date was for March 19, and the person we spoke to back on March 17th said that the refund was already automatically being processed, but here we are almost a month later and still no refund has shown up. I guess we will try to get a refund through the credit card as well. Thanks for the responses.

Did anyone ever have success receiving DC or Sea World refunds? I'm still waiting on my DC refund and they can't give me a straight answer on when it will be processed. I know they are having cash flow issues, but it shouldn't take this long to receive a refund...

I am still waiting on my refund also. It’s been a month and multiple calls and still can’t even tell me when I can expect it.

There is another thread on this as well. I've been waiting since April 9. They aren't refunding money or paying creditors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!