Refrigerators

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
Is it worth it to get a refrigerator? We will be staying 4 days and will probably eat breakfast in our room only.

I've read some of you talking about collapsible coolers, what are those?

At $10 per night I don't get a frig anymore. We take a soft sided (collapsable) cooler we got at Wal-Mart that can hold up to a case of soda, it folds down so it is easy to pack in the suitcase and we put milk in it from the foodcourt each night for our boys breakfast and bottled water for the next day.

I've read some of you talking about collapsible coolers, what are those?

A collapsible coolar is not hard case cooler. It's one that can be fold down and stuff in a bag and be took anywhere. It's a true space saver.

They can be at: Wal-mart, Big Lots, Odd Lots, K-mart, Target, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar,Sporting Goods stores and even some grocery stores.

Also since it being out season now, they may be hard two find.

But I would check where live at though. Because you may be able too find one. They can run anywhere 8.00-50.00 dollars depending what features you won't.

I know I have got mind from various places. I even got two or three free. I got one this summer at Six Flags Over Georgia just for fill out get a American Express Card which I cancel after getting the free gift.

Also I have got one from the Asthma Conference where I live at.

See you can even get them free. Mind don't have all the bells and whistles but it does the job.

we bought a fridge/cooler at walmart for 79.00 i was going to get a fridge in our room but for a few dollars more i could buy one and we would have it to use forever.. it has a plug that plugs into your cig. lighter then when you get to your room you jusst switch the plug and plug it into the wall..... they are over in sporting goods...

My parents also have the small fridge that you can plug into an outlet or a cigarette lighter. If you are driving this may be an option.

We rented a fridge last time. On vacation we don't worry about spending a little extra money to make it more enjoyable and convenient, however, at $10 we thought the refrigerators were awful. They were old, scratched, dirty, wobbly - terrible.

On our next trip in April we will either bring a collapsible or get a styrofoam cooler. We will bring gallon ziploc bags & refill them with ice daily. Our kids are old enough that it will be their job to do this.

We will be there for 15 nights, so I figured at $10 a day, plus the tax we will at least try the cooler idea. If it doesn't work we can always call to see if they have a fridge available.

In our recent trip to WDW we tried the collapsible cooler and it works great for us! :) I our way to the hotel from the airport, we stoped in the grocery store and bought enough milk and juice for 15 days. Every morning before we went to the parks, my husband refilled the gallon ziplock bags with ice. ;) It works great!! :p BTW we bought the collapsible cooler in Costco. ;)

* Verºoº *

We got lucky....my youngest son is on antibiotics and we needed a fridge for that. They gave it to us free!

Much needed for that med!

Lisajl

I was told by Disney Central Reservations that if a refrigerator is needed for 'medical' reasons, any resort will provide them free of charge. Many handicap accessable rooms automatically provide them as well. She also mentioned two things:
1) Medical reasons can and do include 'dietary needs' (i.e. special food items required by anyone in your party)
2) They don't ask the REASON for the request and, if you state the reason for your request, it IS NOT placed on your reservation.
So, if someone is on a special diet, has food allergies, vegetarian, hypo-glosimic (sp), diabetic, you may request a refrigerator free of charge. It is something to consider if you have a 'medical need' that you are comfortable mentioning.

DIS posters have reported variable success in getting refrigerators free of charge for medical needs. For a while, no one who asked for one for medication got one free of charge, no matter what the medication or the need was. People reported being told that if they did not want to pay, they could store the medication behind the desk, even if that meant coming to the desk area several times a day. Even people who made requests thru WDW Resort Special Reservations (contact numbers (407) 939-7807 or (407) 939-7670 [TTY]) were reporting they had to pay. The posters indicated they were told that since so many people were saying they had a medical need just to get a free refrigerator, everyone was being charged, even if they had a medical need.
Recently, people have been reporting getting the fee waived. It is certainly worth asking about if you do have a medical need for a refrigerator, but the trend can certainly swing away from providing them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter