Refrigerators at any of the Universal hotels?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Just wondered if any refrigerators were available. We may do the ice-filled cooler method.

From reading other posts, I think it's the pay kind.
Stop at a grocery store on the way to the hotel.
www.publix.com. The Mears driver will probably know where they are if you are nice to him, they're catching on to this little gimmick (tip). Styrophome cooler is $8, located in the beer isle. If you have a rental car, then it's even easier, you can go anywhere, including asking gas station people where liquor stores are. The only negative with doing the grocery store thing is over spending. I buy too much. I shop like I'm at home and end up spending $50. $6 for a six pack of beer sure beats $5 per beer. You can save alot, just don't go overboard when you're in the grocery store. Buy the beer, a couple snacks, doughnuts, milk, oj, ice, cooler, and that's it. Man, I went to Virginia a couple year ago, the wife and kid we're with me. We filled a shopping cart. The wife was grabbing everything in site. That's what I'm talking about. Leave the wife and kid in the car. But yeah, you can save alot of money doing the cooler thing. Nothing like coming back to your hotel room to a cooler full of beers.

We just returned from the Royal Pacific last week. I rented a refridgerator. It was $10 a day. It was worth it for us because we had 5 in a room & ate cereal & yogurt for breakfast everyday. Also had nice cold pop after our day in the park. The cooler idea is great, but I didn't want to hassle with filling it up with ice & draining it daily.

Mini bar fridge is also VERY cold and good for folks who only need to chill a few drinks at a time. They told us it was fine to use it and no charge. Get the beer and soda and just chill a few at a time each day. Lots of groceries would be a problem though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter