Refrigeration at GCH check-in?

OneTrackMind

Mouseketeer
I know from other posts that if you have groceries delivered the hotel will put perishables in the fridge. But if we check-in in the morning with perishables and go to the park will they refrigerate items until our room is ready? Should we have them in a cooler? This is August so they won't last long outside the fridge! Thanks.

If you have a cooler that will stay cold all day, checking that would be easiest.
(Which is what we usually do)

If you want items stored in a refrigerator or freezer, pack them in bags that can go directly into the large refrigerators in bag storage. Zippered reusable thermal shopping bags would be ideal, with a label to refrigerate (or freeze).

If you have a cooler that will stay cold all day, checking that would be easiest.
(Which is what we usually do)

If you want items stored in a refrigerator or freezer, pack them in bags that can go directly into the large refrigerators in bag storage. Zippered reusable thermal shopping bags would be ideal, with a label to refrigerate (or freeze).

That's really helpful. Thanks!

We didn’t have a particularly cold cooler and I’m pretty sure they told us they put the whole thing in the fridge (like a big room fridge I assume?). All I know is everything stayed nice and cold. They were very good about it and good with the freezer and refrigerated items that were delivered from the grocery store later that day while I was in the park with family.

We didn’t have a particularly cold cooler and I’m pretty sure they told us they put the whole thing in the fridge (like a big room fridge I assume?). All I know is everything stayed nice and cold. They were very good about it and good with the freezer and refrigerated items that were delivered from the grocery store later that day while I was in the park with family.
While not a walk-in fridge, it is a large commercial fridge similar to this:
(just a sample photo from the web)
Best-Traulsen-Commercial-Refrigerator.jpg
A typical cooler would fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter