Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

I like the theme of this one. Don't plan to purchase more DVC, but we will definitely try to stay here in the future!

I'm in the minority in this thread. I like the concept of the resort , and the artwork I've seen so far. Aren't the horses, petting zoo and so forth being relocated to another area of Fort Wilderness? I would assume they will still be available for viewing after the relocation., but I'm not sure. AS far as parking, I can't imagine a deluxe resort without it's own parking area...I would never have expected a deluxe to use only internal busses to/from parking. Especially that Disney is now charging cash guests for parking.

I have been contemplating buying into DVC and this is the resort I want to buy into! I love Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. I like to idea of being so close to both of the amenities of these resorts. I also am really excited that RLL will have some characters influences included. I also like the idea of the small studio rooms. I do 1-2 solo trips a year and a couple of trips with my daughter. This would be a perfect fit for us. And now the added dining venue with Tiana (who should be at Port Orleans French Quarter, but I will definitely enjoy it here). Does anyone know when sales start for this resort?

I have been contemplating buying into DVC and this is the resort I want to buy into! I love Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. I like to idea of being so close to both of the amenities of these resorts. I also am really excited that RLL will have some characters influences included. I also like the idea of the small studio rooms. I do 1-2 solo trips a year and a couple of trips with my daughter. This would be a perfect fit for us. And now the added dining venue with Tiana (who should be at Port Orleans French Quarter, but I will definitely enjoy it here). Does anyone know when sales start for this resort?
I will probably be buying in, too. The only thing I know is the resort is scheduled to open in 2022.

The concept art does not show much of the kitchen. Are they still including full kitchens?

The concept art does not show much of the kitchen. Are they still including full kitchens?
Since it’s a DVC resort, the usual 1 bedroom and larger will have a full kitchen. I do hope it’s spacious like the BLT kitchens.

I think we're looking at more of the horrid ally kitchen style they introduced with Copper Creek.
If anyone finds a picture that shows otherwise, Please post it.

I think we're looking at more of the horrid ally kitchen style they introduced with Copper Creek.
If anyone finds a picture that shows otherwise, Please post it.

Yes it must be, because in that one illustration that shows a living area, I can see a DR table but no kitchen appliances like a fridge so the layout must be all along the wall. Or they scaled way back on the kitchen area and it will only be a kitchenette? It's a little suspicious that they did not show the kitchen amenities but they showed every other angle.

Overall I do like this, and I see how they made the theme very different from WL with the 60's and 70's vibe.

It looks nice, but I will wait until they announce where the next DVC is being built before a decide to add on. IF (a big word) they decide to build by that land where the swinging bridge is located-between GF and MK, that would be more up my alley. The luxury to being able to walk to MK would be too much of a draw for me. What is the expression realtors use--location, location, location.

Now that we've seen the concept art ( and while we're waiting on this to be built...) any guesses as to what the point chart range will look like?

My guess / hope is similar to CCV. Hoping for much more moderate than Riviera.

Now that we've seen the concept art ( and while we're waiting on this to be built...) any guesses as to what the point chart range will look like?

It will go the way of RIV and not CCV. Honestly, I think that CCV is as low as it is because of BRV. It would have been very hard to make the units more, given that they are really at the same location.

I also believe it will be along the lines of Riviera. CCV was almost certainly an outlier that wouldn't have even happened except they had opened it right next to VWL and they probably didn't feel like always answering questions of why CCV was so much higher than the other rooms at the same location. Same resort using the same amenities so they made it the same point charts. Just look at the GV and Cabin point requirements there and you can see more where they really wanted the point requirements to be. There's nothing cheap (or early DVC) about them.

I would argue that CCV also went that way because they did have some structural restrictions on what they could do with units. At RIV and Reflections, the restriction is gone, because they are building foundation up.

I dont think DVC wants to have low point charts. There must be more money in it for them.
Absolutely. Disney loves it when that they can control their own inflation via point allocation as it's not as obvious as just raising the point cost.
They're also pressing upon folk that when buying direct they keep the ability to trade into the older resorts which look like a steal with lower points/night cost. What they don't tell folk is that 7 month availability may not be there to reserve the exact rooms they're looking at.

Last edited:

I predict higher ppp than where RIV started at $188pp and similar point charts to RIV. There is honestly no reason whatsoever for them to do low point charts. The higher the point charts, the more points they can sell, and the more money they can make. CCV was an exception because of BRV. Remember there will be a lot of cabins too. I can’t remember the total number, but it was a lot. They can make some of these cabins be part of the hotel side or all of them can be allocated for DVC like they did with CCV.

We won’t know anything concrete for a few years. We knew almost nothing about the details of Riviera until right before it went on sale in March 2019.

I hope the resort turns out beautifully. It‘s always great to have another DVC property!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!