Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

Personally I think it is in the right direction for deluxe accommodations and does seem to be very nature inspired to me. The rooms look more compelling than the lobby; however, the lobby seems to rely on that gigantic window which is very reminiscent of lake houses in NE PA that I grew up knowing. I see it more as a lake home than a nature lodge (WL already covers that theme).

The concept art for the rooms looks pretty interesting. I'm not sure, but it almost looks like they swapped the location of the bed and the sofa bed in the studio - the sofa looks like it's next to the bathroom wall, kitchenette, and entryway instead of against the window/balcony wall. The 2BR looks nice although I couldn't make out the kitchen - it may have been on the long wall like CC and RIV.

My first reaction to the name and the description of the resort was definitely "meh" - but these pics have moved it to "hmm". Hopefully we'll get more official details from D23.

I like it! Looks like a lot of whimsical touches which are perfect for a Disney resort. The lobby area seems maybe a bit too "busy" but as concept art I think it shows some nice ideas and more of a "fun" vibe than Riviera (although the more staid Riviera look is nice as well, just seems less Disneyesque than I would have expected for a new resort on property.)

WOW! Those rooms look outstanding, as do most of the common areas. I had no interest in this resort and had no clue what they were thinking when they announced the lakeside lodge theme. But, seeing the interior concept art has changed my mind! They also seem to have listened to recent refurb complaints and are making this one much more "Disney" themed - love seeing all of the Pocahontas, Bambi, Fox & Hound artwork, etc. Four of my adopted children are Native American, and this resort seems like it would be so appealing to our entire family.

The extreme amount of storage, murphy beds, etc., really seem to be putting Reflections a cut about the rest, IMO.

Now just to win the lotto so I can buy in . . .

I'm definitely intrigued by the latest concept art for the rooms! I particularly love the large nature art and murals, e.g. Bambi forest scenes, that give beautiful color to the room. I personally hate that Disney's removing all the bed runners as it takes away needed pops of color, and the art in these rooms restore some of that.

What I don't like are the clear closets and toilet rooms. I'm hoping that's just part of the concept art so we can see what those areas are for, but that the real closets/water closets won't be behind clear glass.

The rooms could be nice - I hate ally the new ally style kitchen as I do use it and want it to feel like home, not a camper. That's okay though as I probably would only be able to afford a studio at whatever point per night they're planning on here.

Am I weird that I like a non-busy, flat colored wall over the head of the bed? makes it a little easier to see if a huge florida critter is sticking to it.

Am I weird that I like a non-busy, flat colored wall over the head of the bed? makes it a little easier to see if a huge florida critter is sticking to it.

Nope, doesn't sound weird to me! I'm sure many agree with you. We have all solid walls at home, too. At Disney, I think I'm just craving some color so the all-white beds don't make me think of a hospital.

The jury is still out with me as far as this resort goes. Things can change A LOT before the final decisions are made.

I really like the concept art for the rooms and lobby. I'm assuming there will be boats to MK from this location, as with WL and the Fort Wilderness areas.

I really like the concept art for the rooms and lobby. I'm assuming there will be boats to MK from this location, as with WL and the Fort Wilderness areas.
I believe the plans show that Reflections will share the dock with Fort Wilderness. It's not that far off the end of this resort.
That means the FW dock will be expanded for the additional folk and probably an extra boat put on the circuit.

Really encouraging to me if they don't tone it down too much by the time of the final product. Kind of makes me hope they've found their willingness to theme things heavily again.

Am even tempted to start saving up for it, although if we aren't sure we'll use it for FIFTY YEARS it's quite a gamble since the new resale thing.

With the news about the glass treehouses and Tiana Restaurant, my interest in Reflections just increased by 100 percent.

Attachments

• 53AB2556-8ED8-449A-AC10-4083EA0735EE.jpeg
    53AB2556-8ED8-449A-AC10-4083EA0735EE.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 86
  • AA7516B5-C8CB-4DBB-AEB0-D2095D35FC22.jpeg
    AA7516B5-C8CB-4DBB-AEB0-D2095D35FC22.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 84
They do seem to be upping their game with Reflections. If there actually is a good pool then they truely have.

Never in my life did I think the 60's and 70's designs would come back around with such a vengence though. :crazy:

Wondering if the attempt to increase the cost of THV at SSR last year was related to Reflection. They may not want a similar unit type being half the point in another resort (pure speculation on my part that those rehab THV will have a scaring cost per night).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts