Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

If it will get a lazy river, I'd be interested in buying more points. If they do the larger cabins/bungalow type accommodations, I'd be really interested in a GW in a studio, if it fits 5.

I would like to stay there some day. But probably won't get any more points.
My version of the same statement: I might stay there some day just to try it out; however, I'll never buy points there given a) how expensive the points have become and b) that if you ever have to sell due to financial hardships down the road, your resale buyer can only use those points for that resort going forward. So, either you take a bath via resale or you take a bath if Disney buys it back for pennies on the dollar. pirate:

I think Disney is going to make 'Reflections' the first over 65 DVC community. HA Ha At least that's how it sounds to me.

A leaked artwork, not sure how much legit, shows a Stormalong-esque pool complex with a lazy river. If that will be actually built, thanks also to the MK proximity, they will charge even more points per night than Riviera.

A leaked artwork, not sure how much legit, shows a Stormalong-esque pool complex with a lazy river. If that will be actually built, thanks also to the MK proximity, they will charge even more points per night than Riviera.

See....lazy river sounds nice (even though we aren't "pool people")...and somehow fitting for a nature inspired retirement community....

Hmmmmm. We shall see.

The Ft. Wilderness area is a great place for a new resort and I'm sure DVD/Disney will do a superb job, as always. The sheer size of the proposed resort does make me wonder about the impact it will have on the atmosphere and "vibe" of the current Ft. Wilderness. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the new place!

Why something happens has always interests me. Has anyone ever seen the UTube video of the decaying River Country? If not, please check out the internet and gaze for yourself. The first thought I had when watching was boy if I was 13 yo would I love to explore this place. I bet the legal eagles at Disney thought the same thing, that this was a law suite waiting to happen, some youngin getting in a major accident exploring this place. So what do you do? How about cleaning it up by and hiding the expense of the clean up in building of a brand new shiny DVC resort on the location. I know, complete conjecture on my part, but it just feels so Disney.

Why something happens has always interests me. Has anyone ever seen the UTube video of the decaying River Country? If not, please check out the internet and gaze for yourself. The first thought I had when watching was boy if I was 13 yo would I love to explore this place. I bet the legal eagles at Disney thought the same thing, that this was a law suite waiting to happen, some youngin getting in a major accident exploring this place. So what do you do? How about cleaning it up by and hiding the expense of the clean up in building of a brand new shiny DVC resort on the location. I know, complete conjecture on my part, but it just feels so Disney.
It’s only part DVC it will be like BWV. Part DVC part Disney hotel. At least the mouse will absorb some of the cost

The only reason CCV's point chart is as reasonable as it is (minus cabins) is because it is so close to VWL they couldn't manage a straight face to jack up the costs nearly so much as they did for Riviera. Reflections will be far enough away they will do whatever they want.
I think we have seen the last of reasonable points chart, ending with CCV. To me, thats what made CCV such a good buy, despite the lack of studio availability.

I think Disney is going to make 'Reflections' the first over 65 DVC community. HA Ha At least that's how it sounds to me.
Booking with kids will require extra points.
Kids will only be allowed in the hallways if accompanied by a grandparent.

Crockett’s Tavern, Pioneer Hall and Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue will practically be at Reflections, or a very short walk depending on landscaping and other “obstructions.” I wonder whether there will be barriers between there and those lakefront cabins to keep people from wandering over to look in the windows after checking in for HDD.

Fort Wilderness will definitely lose — peacefulness and relaxing atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter