Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

They should build 2 or 3 for DVC and a bunch on the cash side. Only makes sense.
Operationally, that would make sense, but economically, the PVB model is brilliant for the developer. Those bungalows end up booking as cash through breakage, so Disney gets the cash while members pay to maintain the units.

I’m actually surprised we didn’t see more of that reflected at Riviera.

Operationally, that would make sense, but economically, the PVB model is brilliant for the developer. Those bungalows end up booking as cash through breakage, so Disney gets the cash while members pay to maintain the units.

I’m actually surprised we didn’t see more of that reflected at Riviera.

I agree with you, Disney has a lot of people who will pay big bucks to stay in the Bungalows and the Poly owners pay to maintain it. But DVD should be building resorts so they don’t end up with Un-rented rooms. They should know by now what I’d the best percentage of room types. Say 50% studio 30% 1 bedroom, 17% dedicated 2 bedroom and 3% grand villa or whatever their data says. I think the Cabins at CCV will rent get booked more since the points are a lot less then the Bungalows.

View attachment 388032

Possible leaked photo of proposed resort. Posted on DIS by someone else and on another site.
Could be shaky info but it’s fun to discuss.

Could those A-frame structures on the right side of the drawing be DVC lodges, similar to the cabins and bungalows? It’s kind of hard to get any detailed look from the picture.

I think the architecture is okay, though generic. But I agree with Marionette. What is that with those triangular buildings, to the right and to the left? Are those possibly going to be more hellishly expensive 'special villas' similar to the Poly Bungalows? Or are they perhaps just DVC rooms? What about the 2 on the far left side of the picture? If those aren't special 'cabins' then how about the row of structures right behind them? And, if Disney goes with house boats then Lord Almighty, you can bet that THOSE will be hellishly expensive. To which I have to question, who is going to pay $2500 a night to stay in a houseboat? What are they REALLY going to get out of it that could make it 'worth it?' You might be able to drift around the lake a bit, but I don't see them as being able to go to other locations around the lake, including the Magic Kingdom, since Disney would need to build a lot more large docks to accommodate them at other docking locations.

It looks like such a massive resort that those “houseboats” look more like dedicated boats to shuttle guests to MK or the TTC to me.

In general, I would keep in mind that a) this picture of a picture may not even be legit; b) if it is what it is purported to be, it's just a rendering; c) few renderings accurately capture the ultimate look and feel; and d) whatever particulars there appear to be (houseboats, cabins, et.al.) may simply come from riffing between designers and Disney. ;)

It looks like there is some other type of accommodation behind the a-frames on the left side. Maybe some type of treehouse?

I think the two triangles on the left side are building for services, like many of the other resorts have. Either bike rentals, boat rentals or the like.
I think the houseboats might float, but I would wager they'll be permanently docked to be connected to plumbing and electric. I don't see them wanting to let the average guest pilot something that valuable on the water, though it would be cool to have a couple of dock location options, maybe freeing up discovery island for use(wish casting).
It's close proximity to the Fort makes me suspect of any structure in the background being new construction, but maybe it is.

I think the architecture is okay, though generic. But I agree with Marionette. What is that with those triangular buildings, to the right and to the left? Are those possibly going to be more hellishly expensive 'special villas' similar to the Poly Bungalows? Or are they perhaps just DVC rooms? What about the 2 on the far left side of the picture? If those aren't special 'cabins' then how about the row of structures right behind them? And, if Disney goes with house boats then Lord Almighty, you can bet that THOSE will be hellishly expensive. To which I have to question, who is going to pay $2500 a night to stay in a houseboat? What are they REALLY going to get out of it that could make it 'worth it?' You might be able to drift around the lake a bit, but I don't see them as being able to go to other locations around the lake, including the Magic Kingdom, since Disney would need to build a lot more large docks to accommodate them at other docking locations.

I immediately thought the triangle "buildings" are solar panels. That is what they look like to me. The same I am thinking on top of the bungalows.

They also look to be on top of the actual buildings.

Those triangle buildings look like traditional A frame cabins you'd find here the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania. The roof lines go all the way to the floors, and there are typically skylights because there are no side windows to let light into the middle of the structure.

Definitely looks like houseboats to me on the bottom left- that would fit the marketing description Disney put out saying there would be "unique and even surprising" accommodation types.

Definitely looks like houseboats to me on the bottom left- that would fit the marketing description Disney put out saying there would be "unique and even surprising" accommodation types.
The biggest surprise being the cost per night. Probably not a good surprise.

The A Frames are incorporated into the Logo, very interested to see what exactly they are.

Attachments

• 1_OBPanpL2OtW70grcI6qS4w.png
    1_OBPanpL2OtW70grcI6qS4w.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 76
One recent trend is the water side cabins, seen at CCV and Poly. This rendering shows 2 potential types, the houseboat one and the A frame.

Many have suggested that the cabins are ideal for disney as they add points to inventory, but the building don't stay fully utilized.

With two distinct types in this rendering(if it's accurate). What are folks thoughts on the capacities of these two types of out buildings? The A frames looks smaller. The 2 smallest ones on their own, I figured as service buildings.
What if the plan involves smaller cabins. Perhaps a way to get folks to utilize smaller accommodations for higher points cost?

I can see the house boats being the new big mega on water cabin. The bigger A frames could be smaller capacity that the ccv cabins, and a lower point value respectively. Those two small A frames could be akin to the tower suites in Riviera. Built for 2 people only, for the quaint couples retreat with very limited availability and exclusivity. I'm thinking honeymoon suite type of deal.

I can't help but think disney see's the appeal of the water side cabins, and is trying to find a way to attract as many users as possible. Certainly there is a business plan for selling the big ones and letting them sit empty as you've already made your money.....however if they sit empty, then that is less people in the parks and in the restaurants.

One recent trend is the water side cabins, seen at CCV and Poly. This rendering shows 2 potential types, the houseboat one and the A frame.

Many have suggested that the cabins are ideal for disney as they add points to inventory, but the building don't stay fully utilized.

With two distinct types in this rendering(if it's accurate). What are folks thoughts on the capacities of these two types of out buildings? The A frames looks smaller. The 2 smallest ones on their own, I figured as service buildings.
What if the plan involves smaller cabins. Perhaps a way to get folks to utilize smaller accommodations for higher points cost?

I can see the house boats being the new big mega on water cabin. The bigger A frames could be smaller capacity that the ccv cabins, and a lower point value respectively. Those two small A frames could be akin to the tower suites in Riviera. Built for 2 people only, for the quaint couples retreat with very limited availability and exclusivity. I'm thinking honeymoon suite type of deal.

I can't help but think disney see's the appeal of the water side cabins, and is trying to find a way to attract as many users as possible. Certainly there is a business plan for selling the big ones and letting them sit empty as you've already made your money.....however if they sit empty, then that is less people in the parks and in the restaurants.

Those over at PVB apparently don't go unrented. There is reportedly healthy demands from cash reservation, which is exactly what DVD/Disney wants. DVC members pays for the maintenance while some of the points sold for the bungalows go unused. DVD/Disney stands to pocket most of the cash reservations. What a brilliant business idea!

LAX

Honestly, the A-frames don't look that small to me - especially when considering scale compared to the main building. My guess is they will sleep 8, just like the CCV cabins and Poly Bungalows. If those large rafts really are houseboats, they look grand villa size to me, sleeping 10-12. The term "Party Boat" comes to mind. Hardly quiet and reflective, as the name of the lodge suggests ;) But that's just a guess...

I would like to stay there some day. But probably won't get any more points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!