Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

It should have boat service to the MK and probably the CR and WL complex as well.
I've been wondering, too, if perhaps they'll be adding a smaller boat dock to the TTC, since resort busses don't stop there anymore, it is an underused asset, and doing so could help justify the cost of new monorail trains. THey could add boats from the "wilderness resorts" to the TTC to catch the EPCOT train. It would also make access to the Hoop De Doo easier for a lot of people.

People already confuse Wilderness Lodge and Ft.Wilderness. I think that would have just escalated the confusion.
I was actually being facetious. People at the campground already think they are sister resorts and can use the pools at WL. I'm sure they will be trying to use the pool(s) at RLL as well.

I've been wondering, too, if perhaps they'll be adding a smaller boat dock to the TTC, since resort busses don't stop there anymore, it is an underused asset, and doing so could help justify the cost of new monorail trains. THey could add boats from the "wilderness resorts" to the TTC to catch the EPCOT train. It would also make access to the Hoop De Doo easier for a lot of people.
Will the new lodge have it's own bus stop or will it be treated to the FW parking situation. That would bring down the value a lot. Maybe a parking garage for guest vehicles. But where will the roadway run?

Will the new lodge have it's own bus stop or will it be treated to the FW parking situation. That would bring down the value a lot. Maybe a parking garage for guest vehicles. But where will the roadway run?

Spurring off of W. Wilderness Road (which I assume is used mostly for cast members/housekeeping) would be a good way of connecting the new resort to Wilderness Lodge and avoiding all those roads through the campgrounds. . The road would need some improvements, though, to be used for that. They could also, though I would think it unwise, build a parking structure in the campground parking lot and then connect the resort through internal bus. Looking at Google Earth, it would not be easy to build a direct roadway to/from that location for guest vehicles.

Someone on another thread claiming to have seen the blueprints is saying the new resort will have a huge parking lot and it's own boat dock. So that would be good.

Actually? The similarity in names IS an issue. We once had ME dump our bags at FW, though the tags said WL :).
Yeah, they maybe should include a small colored dot code on the ME tags, still leaving most of the tag yellow to be easily grabbed from the airport luggage area.

This resort was first posted in 2009, as Buffalo Junction, then it just went away until it came back as a new name just this year. I would not get too excited about it, it would not be the 1st, 2nd or even the 3rd DVC that came and vanish.

This resort was first posted in 2009, as Buffalo Junction, then it just went away until it came back as a new name just this year. I would not get too excited about it, it would not be the 1st, 2nd or even the 3rd DVC that came and vanish.
I don't know if I remember them all...
1) Eagle Pines.
2) Newport Beach
3) National Harbor
4) Port Disney (Long Beach by the Queen Mary)
5) New York City
6) a planned ski lodge that was never officially announced (like this lakeside resort)
7) Vero Beach was revised, nothing built on the other side of the highway under the bridge.

Did I miss any?

I don't know if I remember them all...
1) Eagle Pines.
2) Newport Beach
3) National Harbor
4) Port Disney (Long Beach by the Queen Mary)
5) New York City
6) a planned ski lodge that was never officially announced (like this lakeside resort)
7) Vero Beach was revised, nothing built on the other side of the highway under the bridge.

Did I miss any?

There's a trend there - all but one was offsite.

There's a trend there - all but one was offsite.

Well, the argument could be made that Port Disney could be considered "onsite" for the Queen Mary. They kind of inherited the lease with the City of Long Beach when they bought out Wrather and gained ownership of the Disneyland Hotel, which was not owned by Disney until then. The plan was that Disney was going to really improve the area and revitalize it. But Disney did not renew their lease, and the ship was actually closed for a time. It has gone through several other management companies since then.

No, but we know for a fact that DVC needs SOME project in the pipeline for 2022. And work on that project has to begin within the next 6-12 months. Permits are in place. Design work is all but complete. A public announcement was made. Something pretty dramatic would have to happen for DVC to pivot off this project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter