>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

We are staying in one of the Lake Buena Vista neighbor hotels with the benefits. Do they have this program at those hotels as well?
Sorry, no. The refillable mug program is only available at the Disney-owned resorts. Not the Disney Springs hotels, not the Swan & Dolphin.

What's the deal with the temporary use of mugs at the Water Parks for the resorts under construction? Does that mean that the mug chip has actually always overlapped both systems?

What's the deal with the temporary use of mugs at the Water Parks for the resorts under construction?

Just a perk to help those guests get over the sting of their resort having a Main Feature pool out of commission.

Does that mean that the mug chip has actually always overlapped both systems?

No. Plenty have tried before this and they never overlapped before.

Just a perk to help those guests get over the sting of their resort having a Main Feature pool out of commission.

No. Plenty have tried before this and they never overlapped before.
Clarification: I was wondering if the tech has always existed in the mugs to work on both systems, simultaneously. I know that just trying them out without specific activation doesn’t work.

Clarification: I was wondering if the tech has always existed in the mugs to work on both systems, simultaneously. I know that just trying them out without specific activation doesn’t work.
It's been a while, but we used to get the daily mug at the water parks all the time. We had a mug that we brought back and bought the day sticker for the mug. You scan the day sticker. My guess is that they give you a day sticker to go to the water parks. But I could be totally wrong.

I would suspect so, since they apparently haven't changed the mugs. My guess is that the system is configurable, which is how they've gone from mugs that are only usable at one resort to mugs that are usable at any resort. It wouldn't make financial sense to have a system that required you to change chips or technology every time you wanted to make a change to the program.

This is just my personal guess, I really haven't seen a lot of discussion about this change. If anyone's got more information, post it here!

I would suspect so, since they apparently haven't changed the mugs. My guess is that the system is configurable, which is how they've gone from mugs that are only usable at one resort to mugs that are usable at any resort. It wouldn't make financial sense to have a system that required you to change chips or technology every time you wanted to make a change to the program.

This is just my personal guess, I really haven't seen a lot of discussion about this change. If anyone's got more information, post it here!
Thanks. I've watched the activation process.....very....closely at resorts, even with CM turning the screen to face me, and never saw an option on the screen other than one single activation button. Very intriguing, what's going on here.

I will be down next week in Epcot but not staying at a Disney resort. Since Epcot is connected to the Boardwalk. Could I walk there and buy the refillable Halloween mug to take home as my souvenir?

I will be down next week in Epcot but not staying at a Disney resort. Since Epcot is connected to the Boardwalk. Could I walk there and buy the refillable Halloween mug to take home as my souvenir?

Most definitely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter