>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I have heard that there are free style machines in some of the buildings at CBR. Is this only during construction or are they thinking about adding these around the other resorts? I would love to have one by a quiet pool or a laundry room. If I didn't alway have to go to the main pool or food court I would buy them more often.

I will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time this year and staying in the Garden rooms. Does the Contemporary have the refill mugs there? I have only stayed in All Star and Pop Century and used the cups. I want to use them again this year..

Do they still have the white handles at POP?

I guess I better re-send my memo to them reminding them to get the colored handles back before I arrive in a few weeks. :D Just in case they don't have them back by mid-June, I've come up with plans B & C. Plan B is that I will go through our big ole bin of mugs in the basement and take some different colored lids with me (I know we have black and there are probably other "not current" colors in there). I just need to make 6 unique mugs. And Plan C is stickers and/or a sharpie.

I guess I better re-send my memo to them reminding them to get the colored handles back before I arrive in a few weeks. :D Just in case they don't have them back by mid-June, I've come up with plans B & C. Plan B is that I will go through our big ole bin of mugs in the basement and take some different colored lids with me (I know we have black and there are probably other "not current" colors in there). I just need to make 6 unique mugs. And Plan C is stickers and/or a sharpie.

Same here....headed in August ....when we were there in ‘16 we had the handle free mugs....ugh.....made transporting five mugs tough. Then last year the white handles....better but ugh.....so this year I’m hoping for the colored handles again.....otherwise I have the plan b and c you have above!!!

Same here....headed in August ....when we were there in ‘16 we had the handle free mugs....ugh.....made transporting five mugs tough. Then last year the white handles....better but ugh.....so this year I’m hoping for the colored handles again.....otherwise I have the plan b and c you have above!!!

If you need an easy way to transport all those mugs back and forth between the room and the food court, I highly recommend the Thirty-One Double Duty Caddy. With the handles properly aligned, you can fit 6 mugs in it. And it folds flat so it's easy to pack. (Note before someone accuses me of promoting my own business: I do *not* sell Thirty-One. Just sharing a solution that works for our family.) I've been using one for several years now so that only one or two of us need to go fill up all of the mugs at once and not have to try an hold 2 or 3 mugs in each hand.

If you need an easy way to transport all those mugs back and forth between the room and the food court, I highly recommend the Thirty-One Double Duty Caddy. With the handles properly aligned, you can fit 6 mugs in it. And it folds flat so it's easy to pack. (Note before someone accuses me of promoting my own business: I do *not* sell Thirty-One. Just sharing a solution that works for our family.) I've been using one for several years now so that only one or two of us need to go fill up all of the mugs at once and not have to try an hold 2 or 3 mugs in each hand.

Thanks! I agree! We have one and it’s on our list of things to pack for our upcoming trip for when we send DH down to get everyone something to drink in the morning! In 2016 I did scramble to get one of these carriers from a friend when I read on here in the never ending “handle gate” thread that this could be an option! Our trip was just weeks after that change. It worked great for six ( at the time we got five with the dining plan and brought a sixth handled mug from a previous trip so our toddler could have one like her siblings even if she just had water!). Now my DH uses it to carry his Individual craft beers in between trips!!

When we stayed at the WL last March 2017 it was 24 hours. I was able to get 2 drinks for breakfast and another one before bed for the single use cups.

edited for clarity
Oh good! I thought this was a new rule for the mugs! Does WL have the Freestyle machines?

Last edited:
I hate the white handles too. Hope the next mug design goes back to coloured ones.

They still have the regular beverage dispensers at the WL, or at least they did when we were there in March.
Thanks. I was hoping. The Freestyle usually has Vitamin Water which gives me another option as we aren’t pop drinkers. We mostly use the Lemonade and Ice Tea.

Thanks. I was hoping. The Freestyle usually has Vitamin Water which gives me another option as we aren’t pop drinkers. We mostly use the Lemonade and Ice Tea.
I’m hoping with you as our drinking habits are similar. We will be at WL in August. Hoping for the option for assorted flavors of lemonade.

I keep reading about white handles. Are the handles and lids all white now? At all resorts? We will be at Sports for three nights then move to the Poly, wondering if I need to make decals with our initials for the mugs.

If the lids are still colored, but just the handles white, can anyone tell me what color lids are available at this time?

I keep reading about white handles. Are the handles and lids all white now? At all resorts? We will be at Sports for three nights then move to the Poly, wondering if I need to make decals with our initials for the mugs.

If the lids are still colored, but just the handles white, can anyone tell me what color lids are available at this time?

Just the handles are white. Since at least February of 2017. Honestly I didn’t even notice it. I think it mainly bothers people with enough family members that they were relying on the extra color combos by mix and matching lids with handle colors. But it’s been quite awhile now that it’s been this way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter