>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

If i have a split stay and have 2 days in one resort on DDP and then 11 days in another resort without DDP, my mug will still be active until the end of my trip?

Thanks!

If i have a split stay and have 2 days in one resort on DDP and then 11 days in another resort without DDP, my mug will still be active until the end of my trip?

Thanks!

Yes. Once it's activated it's good for 14 days. The RFID System is not tied to the reservation system so it has no idea how long your reservation is for.

The FAQ says that the mugs' RFID coding last 14 days by default. We will be at CSR for 3 weeks and then Boardwalk for 1 week. We have the free dining promotion, which includes the mugs. Will we keep the same mug for our entire trip, or will we have to get a new one after 14 days, and another new one when we change resorts? It seems terribly wasteful if we can't keep one mug through the entire trip, but I have never been before so I'm not sure how it works.

I have dipped in and out of this thread but not read all 78 pages, so apologies if this has already been answered. Thank you.

As dansdad said, the original mugs can just be reactivated after the initial 14 days. However, when you first get your mugs I think I'd ask if they can activate them for the entire stay. On or last visit, 2 of our mugs lost their "programming" after a day or two and I had to have them reactivated. For whatever reason, the CM activated one of them for 4 weeks and one of them for 6 weeks, so I know they *can* activate them for longer than 14 days, I just don't know if they *will* do it. But it never hurts to ask.

As dansdad said, the original mugs can just be reactivated after the initial 14 days. However, when you first get your mugs I think I'd ask if they can activate them for the entire stay. On or last visit, 2 of our mugs lost their "programming" after a day or two and I had to have them reactivated. For whatever reason, the CM activated one of them for 4 weeks and one of them for 6 weeks, so I know they *can* activate them for longer than 14 days, I just don't know if they *will* do it. But it never hurts to ask.

It’s great to know that they can activate it for longer - I will definitely ask when we first arrive. Thank you!

Hi. I read through parts of the thread and noted that with your mug you can get coffee at your resort. However, I also saw you can't use your mug to get milk. Does that mean I have to buy milk for my coffee separately? Thanks for all the great information. This is our first trip getting the dining plan and mugs.

Hi. I read through parts of the thread and noted that with your mug you can get coffee at your resort. However, I also saw you can't use your mug to get milk. Does that mean I have to buy milk for my coffee separately? Thanks for all the great information. This is our first trip getting the dining plan and mugs.
You can fill your mug with anything at the counter, in the values at the cafe's they have milk there for you and you can get Milk, im not sure about Mods and Deluxes. I would think like anywhere you get coffee, cream and sugar are included.

You can fill your mug with anything at the counter, in the values at the cafe's they have milk there for you and you can get Milk, im not sure about Mods and Deluxes. I would think like anywhere you get coffee, cream and sugar are included.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. That makes sense. We are staying at the Poly so hopefully they will have the same.

And to clarify, there isn't a mug option/choice to get milk as a beverage (like skim milk, whole milk, etc. that you'd drink with your meal). Getting creamer/milk/half and half for your coffee is an option everywhere coffee is served.

And to clarify, there isn't a mug option/choice to get milk as a beverage (like skim milk, whole milk, etc. that you'd drink with your meal). Getting creamer/milk/half and half for your coffee is an option everywhere coffee is served.
Great - thanks for the response!

The coffee machines not having the RFID chip surprises me. I will buy the mug because I drink 2 or so cups of coffee every morning, and like to play by the rules, but how many DON'T? Remember all the people at the drink stations, filling up their Big Gulps, 7-Eleven mugs, whatever, every day, free? Isn't that a large part of what motivated Disney to go the RFID chip route in the first place? Also, soda is dirt cheap for them and coffee is NOT... which is the really puzzling part!

Getting creamer/milk/half and half for your coffee is an option everywhere coffee is served.

I would add “/whatever the white substance is” to your post. :)

The coffee machines not having the RFID chip surprises me.

It’s likely just the way coffee is dispensed. It’s in a giant urn after being made with the little flip spout thing.

I don’t trouble myself with if others are playing by the rules. I do and that’s all I care about.

I bought mugs for my family last night and you can now add names to them. It won’t be on the physical cup, but it is on the chip. When you fill it, the machine says the individual’s name. I found this to be really cool and had not encountered it before. The CM said it was relatively new and I had not seen it posted here previously.

I bought mugs for my family last night and you can now add names to them. It won’t be on the physical cup, but it is on the chip. When you fill it, the machine says the individual’s name. I found this to be really cool and had not encountered it before. The CM said it was relatively new and I had not seen it posted here previously.

I like this idea! Hope they are still doing this in August when we go!! We have six in our family! Last time we mixed up the lids with the colored handles, can’t do this with the white handles. We did bring a sharpie to write on them, but I think this would be neat to see too! Kids will get a kick out of it!

I like this idea! Hope they are still doing this in August when we go!! We have six in our family! Last time we mixed up the lids with the colored handles, can’t do this with the white handles. We did bring a sharpie to write on them, but I think this would be neat to see too! Kids will get a kick out of it!
I brought stickers from home to stick on the mugs so that I could tell them apart.

how much are hot drinks at the resorts with no refillable mug
You can refill the cup three times in 24 hours. :)

Still no new mugs??? What are the colors of current mugs?:magnify:
blue, green, purple and pink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!