>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I left sports feb 3 this year and handles were not white

They changed after we left the hotel to white handles

As we are heading back in 20 days I thought I'd get up to date information on the refillable mugs. I didn't realise the handles had changed, so I googled it and yuck, what a cheap add, the coloured ones looked like they belonged to the mug. Although I probably shouldn't moan, in case they do away with handles altogether again, so I suppose I have to say 'any handle is better than no handle IMHO'

Fwiw when we got the mugs at princess this year I didn’t even notice the handles. They just weren’t that obviously icky in person. It took posts here for me to look at my mug and realize.

Going in January and hoping for new mugs. I have to many (including the ones with no handles) that are the same. Wish they would go back to the resort specific mugs but I understand why they don't.

Does Disney offer any mugs this year without the handles? We are renting a car for the first time and it doesn't seem like the handled ones would fit in a cup holder....

Does Disney offer any mugs this year without the handles? We are renting a car for the first time and it doesn't seem like the handled ones would fit in a cup holder....

No.

And this post is old and not really correct. When they brought back the handles in February the handles were white.

If handled mugs fit is dependent on the style of cup holder. They fit just fine in ours at home and in the saucer like cup holders ive had in rentals in Orlando.

There’s a sticky thread at the top of the Resorts forum that’s alllll about the mugs, FYI, if you have other questions. :)

I probably missed it somewhere but when did Disney stop the cups with chips that only allowed you one refill every couple minutes and was the only way to get drinks? We are at wilderness now, our first trip here since last March. I just bought the mugs and realized there were no chips anymore. Any old cup will work.

I probably missed it somewhere but when did Disney stop the cups with chips that only allowed you one refill every couple minutes and was the only way to get drinks? We are at wilderness now, our first trip here since last March. I just bought the mugs and realized there were no chips anymore. Any old cup will work.

This is news to me. Are you filling them with soda (which is what you need the chip for) or are you using them for water or coffee, which don't need a chip?

Maybe there's something wrong with the machine then, and they turned off the chip function. I just find it hard to believe that they got rid of the chips without making some kind of announcement, which would've blown up this thread. ;)

OTOH, perhaps the figure they have everyone so conditioned to it they figure no one will try?

How do you know that any mug/cup will work? Are you seeing other people using them? Just asking since you said that you just bought mugs so those would most likely have chips in them.

Just to clarify, at wilderness lodge the mugs are in big baskets. You choose the color you wAnt. There are no chips on the mug or activated on the soda machine. Maybe this is a wilderness only mug but they still tell you can use them at other hotels so without a chip that would not be possible unless all hotel mugs are now chip free. I’m not complaining. It’s much more convenient. I was just curious. And I have tried other cups just for fun. Soda is open and available for any cup at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter