>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I hope so! We got Christmas ones last year. But this year, we'll be there in October and again in November, so we want Halloween ones for sure. I'd love Christmas ones too, IF it's a new design. From reading these threads, last year it seemed like the Halloween ones came out pretty early....maybe the end of August beginning of September? So I'm concerned they'll be sold out by the time we come in late October.
Yes! I was there near the end of September and saw people using them and I asked a CM. None to be found at any resort.

We got the Halloween mug the 2nd week of September last year. It seems like they were few and far between then. I found it on our third day at the Contemporary, and we moved that day to the Yacht Club for 3 days and they never did have them there.

I asked this in another thread, but it got buried and no one responded. I mainly use the refillable mugs for coffee as coffee is life and the pod machines don't work very well imo. The urns don't have the rfid thingie so you can get coffee whenever you want. I noticed some people using the mugs from their rooms for coffee. Were they breaking the rules? They were using them in front of CMs and they didn't say anything. I know a lot of convention resorts (not necessarily at Disney) have free coffee in the lobby. I was just curious for next time.

Now, I will probably still buy a mug next time I go because mine are starting to fade and I find them fun, but if I had a trip within a few months of each other I would probably bring an old mug to use for coffee and water and not feel too guilty about it.

I asked this in another thread, but it got buried and no one responded. I mainly use the refillable mugs for coffee as coffee is life and the pod machines don't work very well imo. The urns don't have the rfid thingie so you can get coffee whenever you want. I noticed some people using the mugs from their rooms for coffee. Were they breaking the rules? They were using them in front of CMs and they didn't say anything. I know a lot of convention resorts (not necessarily at Disney) have free coffee in the lobby. I was just curious for next time.

Now, I will probably still buy a mug next time I go because mine are starting to fade and I find them fun, but if I had a trip within a few months of each other I would probably bring an old mug to use for coffee and water and not feel too guilty about it.

No, the coffee isn't free; you can either buy it by the cup or use the refillable mug.

As for why the CMs weren't enforcing that...sometimes they enforce the rules, sometimes they don't. :confused3

I will purchase the refillable mug which entitles me to have coffee while the mug is active. But I will often bring the mug down from the room to fill instead of the refillable mug. The coffee taste can linger and affect the flavor of the other drinks that I use it for. Since I paid for it I don’t feel it is wrong to put it in a different cup.

I will purchase the refillable mug which entitles me to have coffee while the mug is active. But I will often bring the mug down from the room to fill instead of the refillable mug. The coffee taste can linger and affect the flavor of the other drinks that I use it for. Since I paid for it I don’t feel it is wrong to put it in a different cup.

I agree there's nothing wrong with that. In this situation, I'd probably have my refillable mug with me so just in case anyone asked, I could show that I'm entitled to the coffee.

If you are drinking soda, it's not really a problem to drink one mugful, rinse, and refill with another soda for the road. If you drink coffee first, the soda for the road is going to taste funky, even if you rinse first.

I usually bring an old refillable mug that I use at home now for my tea. I don't like putting pop in my tea cup so I use my old one, but I usually bring my new mug down as well and fill them both.

Here's my take on it. No way am I drinking coffee or hot tea out of a refillable plastic mug.

On my last trip on the DDP (last July, staying at Contemporary), I brought my own mug with me from home. It's my favorite mug, it's ceramic, and it's the size I like so just part of my "ritual." I walked up there with my from-home mug and used it to make hot tea and coffee. Now, because I'm such a law abiding person, I always carried the refillable mug with me so that they knew I had one should I ever be asked what I was doing. No one ever asked and no one really ever paid attention to me.

These people could have the DDP and just not want to use the plastic thing for their coffee. It would be easy enough to check if someone scanned their magic band so I'll just believe that they wanted to use the in-room mug.

Anyone can help me with this question?
We're gonna stay at Vero Beach resort next year for the night before our Disney cruise, then 2 nights at a WDW resort after the cruise. Vero Beach also has the refillable mugs. If I buy a mug at Vero Beach, can I still use it at WDW the next week (so within the 14 day period)? Or are these a different type of mug? I can't seem to find any information on this online.

Anyone can help me with this question?
We're gonna stay at Vero Beach resort next year for the night before our Disney cruise, then 2 nights at a WDW resort after the cruise. Vero Beach also has the refillable mugs. If I buy a mug at Vero Beach, can I still use it at WDW the next week (so within the 14 day period)? Or are these a different type of mug? I can't seem to find any information on this online.
They should work at both locations.

I'm an annual passholder. If I buy my mug at the resort gift shop, can I use my AP discount on it?

I asked this in another thread, but it got buried and no one responded. I mainly use the refillable mugs for coffee as coffee is life and the pod machines don't work very well imo. The urns don't have the rfid thingie so you can get coffee whenever you want. I noticed some people using the mugs from their rooms for coffee. Were they breaking the rules?

I know this is an old post, just wanted to share that my hobby is to buy a mug AND a refillable mug when I check-in at a new resort, and I use that mug during my trip. Technically I'm not using the refillable mug BUT I always carry it with my in case anyone asks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!