Redwood trail question...

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
Hi again- I saw on the Disney website that there is a 42'' hight requirement for the redwood trail play area. Does anyone know if I can bring in my under 42 incher (he's a very short 4 year old!) and not have him do any of the "stunt" activities? He'd probably only want to watch his brothers even if he could do it- I'd hate to have to child swap at a play area!
Thanks in advance from anyone who's tried it-

There will be plenty for him to do! Its a great area to just burn off a little energy. We like to go there before nap time. Get them good and tired, ride Grizzly river and get wet, then head to the hotel to change clothes and nap.

That's what I was planning to do- but it says Grizzly River Rapids is 40'' also! At least, from what you guys are saying, he can come with us into the Brother Bear area- Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not following... If it's OK to bring a smaller child there, why is there a height requirement? Would love to have both DS5 and DS2 run their little legs off on a trail!

The height requirement is only for certain challenges--for the most part, it's for everyone. I guess while that bit of fine print is on the guidemaps in the parks, it's not on the website.

Is this area strictly for younger kids? Is there anything of interest or fun for older kids (14)?

The Redwood Challenge consists of a lot of cargo nets, bridges, and slides. Anyone can participate in those areas. There is also a tire swing zip line where there is a height requirement (not sure what it is). My DD4 was too short for it, but both she and DD2 loved everything else. They climbed and climbed the cargo nets, crossed the shakey bridges (up very high, but all netted in for safety) and slid down the slides A LOT. There's even a mini cargo net and bridge for toddlers. It's a great place for all.

This sounds very cool! Can't wait to check it out! (Three loooong months to go for our first trip...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter