Recovery Free Dining question

julietcf14

Pudge controls the weather
Recovery dining question...

we had a trip planned with my husbands family for May 16th which we have to cancel. My husband and I both work in the hospital and saw the writing on the wall so we booked a trip for September when all of this was starting. This trip includes my mom who has a silver cast member pass (but we don’tget the cast member room discount because my dad passed away and he was the CM). We are doing a 13day trip with a split stay between All Star Movies and a family suite at AOA. i have a feeling there is no way for us to take advantage of the Recovery Free Dining but I have a few questions
1) if we bought a 2 day base ticket for each of us are they allowing free dining for the entire stay? Like say, if we switched from a spilt stay could we do free dining for 10days or even 13days with just a 2 day base ticket?
2) can we use the money from 4 peoples tickets (the 2 day base tickets) and put it towards just One annual pass or does the ticket need to go to credit an annual pass for each person?
Thanks! Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!

Recovery dining question...

we had a trip planned with my husbands family for May 16th which we have to cancel. My husband and I both work in the hospital and saw the writing on the wall so we booked a trip for September when all of this was starting. This trip includes my mom who has a silver cast member pass (but we don’tget the cast member room discount because my dad passed away and he was the CM). We are doing a 13day trip with a split stay between All Star Movies and a family suite at AOA. i have a feeling there is no way for us to take advantage of the Recovery Free Dining but I have a few questions
1) if we bought a 2 day base ticket for each of us are they allowing free dining for the entire stay? Like say, if we switched from a spilt stay could we do free dining for 10days or even 13days with just a 2 day base ticket?
2) can we use the money from 4 peoples tickets (the 2 day base tickets) and put it towards just One annual pass or does the ticket need to go to credit an annual pass for each person?
Thanks! Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!

1. You can buy a 2 day base ticket for each person and get free dining for up to 14 days. But it has to be at one resort. They will not split it between 2 resorts. Also keep in mind, you’re paying rack rate for the room to get free dining.

2. No. Each person has to put it towards their own AP, but you can save the tickets for use at another time. The tickets do expire, but even if they do, you will not lose the value of the ticket.

Last edited:
1. You can buy a 2 day base ticket for each person and get free dining for up to 14 days. But it has to be at one resort. They will not split it between 2 resorts. Also keep in mind, you’re paying rack rate for the room to get free dining.

2. No. Each person has to put it towards their own AP, but you can save the tickets for use at another time. The tickets do expire, but even if they do, you will not lost the value of the ticket.
Thank you!!! I have searched the Internet for
Days for those answers!! I Cannot Thank you enough!!

Quick add on question. Can I book the new package before I cancel my other package? Or do I need to cancel my other package first?

Quick add on question. Can I book the new package before I cancel my other package? Or do I need to cancel my other package first?

You can call and book the free dining package based on your May package as that is the package that is making you eligible for the promo. You can do that before or after you cancel the other September package. You could also ask if you could simply modify one of the September reservations you already have and make that your free dining reservation - for instance, if there is availability, simply extend either the All Star or AoA reservation to cover all of your days and then add the free dining. This would be easiest if one of those is already a package. If it isn't, I would book the free dining package and then cancel the split stays. I hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!