Recommendations where to eat outside of Disney....

Haven't been to Carbonara's but Giordano's has very good Italian. We've had the pizza(deep dish and thin crust), pasta, and desserts. All yummy! Great service too!!

I second Giordano's. You can easily feed four people with a large pizza.

If you are looking for carryout, Wawa makes an awesome sub. I haven't been to one in Florida yet but the ones in PA and NJ have always been good.
Thanks! We will eat out most nights but sometimes it's good to stay in.

Bahama Breeze has weekly specials including 1/2 price cocktail & appetizers from 4:00 - 6:00 PM you can turned appetizers into a meal
https://www.bahamabreeze.com/happy-hour/fl/kissimmee-restaurant/3046

Buca di Beppo
I signed up for Buca di Beppo restaurant E-club (they have a celebration location 6282 Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy) before my last trip
i have received emails for $15-$20 coupons they have great specials all the food is served family style very generous portions small meal serves 3 large feeds 5
you get a free dessert for your birthday so when you sign up put in a birthdate for one of the months your in Florida the restaurant does not check ID’s
https://www.bucadibeppo.com/menu/

If you are looking for carryout, Wawa makes an awesome sub. I haven't been to one in Florida yet but the ones in PA and NJ have always been good.

Yes! Funny you mentioned this as we were just in Orlando for 10 days and literally had Wawa 4 times. Can't go wrong with a 10" freshly made sub sandwich for $5.

We've eaten at Miller Ale House and really enjoyed it.

I love Italian! We've been to Carbonara's and really loved it. How does Giordano's compare?
If you love Italian, look at Christini's in Sand Lake. Unbelievable food. Expensive and a dressy place but some of the best Italian I have ever had.

My absolute must do while in Orlando is Sweet Tomatoes! It's a huge soup and salad bar buffet that also has a baked potato bar, a few pasta offerings and muffins and such. It's very fresh and I try to hit this place a couple of times per visit because you can only find them in California and Florida. I find it's a perfect change from all of the heavy big expensive meals on property. Although you can seriously over eat here because it's just that good!

My absolute must do while in Orlando is Sweet Tomatoes! It's a huge soup and salad bar buffet that also has a baked potato bar, a few pasta offerings and muffins and such. It's very fresh and I try to hit this place a couple of times per visit because you can only find them in California and Florida.
Actually according to the Sweet Tomatoes website, they also have locations in several other states.

Actually according to the Sweet Tomatoes website, they also have locations in several other states.
They are predominately California and Florida. I guess I should specify that they are nowhere near me. lol There were 2 in Jacksonville and 2 in Raleigh that all closed. I used to go there every time I went to a hockey game. Both locations were always busy but we showed up a few months later and both seemed to have JUST shut down and there was a note on the door. I think I read something about a form of bankruptcy but I can't remember. They closed down over 20 locations so they are getting fewer and farther between. I believe Atlanta has a couple but they don't stray too far from those two main bases. I would give anything if they would come to my town....but then it wouldn't be special. Also, my town has a way of ruining a good thing so it probably wouldn't last here either.

My absolute must do while in Orlando is Sweet Tomatoes! It's a huge soup and salad bar buffet that also has a baked potato bar, a few pasta offerings and muffins and such. It's very fresh and I try to hit this place a couple of times per visit because you can only find them in California and Florida. I find it's a perfect change from all of the heavy big expensive meals on property. Although you can seriously over eat here because it's just that good!
Sounds like a nice choice! A problem we have on holidays with so much eating out....there are not a lot of veggies offered. Lots of meat and carbs but not veggies. By the end of two weeks we are craving healthier choices. I should point out that I am not a huge fan of veggies but the body wants what the body wants :-)

On I drive, just a lil north of the convention center is an area called Pointe Orlando .... "Wonder Works" sits on its north side. Here you'll find a number of good places to eat. Just a few weeks ago we had dinner here twice:

Maggiano's Little Italy is always busy and does 'family style' similar to Bucco as well as 'regular menu'. While there can be a crowd at the door the place is HUGE (many smaller dining rooms so you don't feel like the place is HUGE) so your wait is typically not bad, or make a ressie ... portions are big and it seems everyone leaves with a doggie bag!

Cuba Libre is a rum bar and restaurant and we had a great meal here as well (shared the mixed grill for two and it was good and a TON of food) and really good Sangria!

you'll also find Capitol Grill, Copper Canyon Grill and others. (Miller Ale is just a lil north of here)

there is a parking garage serving this spot ... if you dine just ask for the parking validation and you get a couple of hours free . . . plenty of time to eat.

btw

I'm a Chi' town native and the Chi' style pizza at Giordano's is pretty darn good .... WAYYYYYY better than any UNO . . .

Last edited:
Hands down Cafe Tu Tu Tango! I just ate there a few weeks ago and it is my favorite spot on I-Drive. I have another reservation there in three weeks as well. It is a must do for me, not only for the food, but the atmosphere.

Cafe Tu Tu Tango recently closed. They are opening an Italian restaurant in its place. We enjoyed eating there.
No, they're still open. The same owner/company opened Mia's Italian kitchen next door. We had endless brunch this morning and it was awesome. $26pp for endless pasta, meatballs, breakfasty items.. SOOO good.

But how does it compare to Tommy's? Go Bucks!

I love Tommy's. I am getting my Tommy's fix in a few weeks when my son attends orientation at OSU. My older son graduated from OSU recently and we went there so much, one of the waiters recognizes us when we come in. It looks the same as it did when I went to OSU in the 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!