Recommendations where to eat outside of Disney....

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
We are staying offsite for 13 nights in the Kissimmee area and I'm looking for recommendations on where to eat outside of Disney. We've eaten at Smokey Bones, Rodeo Diner, and El Tanampa before on previous trips (to name a few) but I am always looking to branch out. We love eating out at nice restaurants as well as local "dives" that attract local people. All recommendations greatly received.

We liked NYPD Pizza at 9900 Universal Drive near the Convention Center. It was a nice break from park food.

We also like Teak Neighborhood Grill near Universal and the Ichiban Buffet on 192.

We really enjoyed Cafe D’Antonio in Celebration. Both the food and service were excellent.
Orlando Ale House is a casual place we also enjoy and their specials are a great deal.

Definitely check out the I-drive area over by the Convention Center. We had a nice, casual lunch at Miller's Ale House but there were other more upscale looking options as well.

Another vote for Teak Neighborhood Grill!

Hash House A Go Go has good food, huge portions!

Giordano's has yummy Italian!

Definitely check out the I-drive area over by the Convention Center. We had a nice, casual lunch at Miller's Ale House but there were other more upscale looking options as well.
We've eaten at Miller Ale House and really enjoyed it.

Another vote for Teak Neighborhood Grill!

Hash House A Go Go has good food, huge portions!

Giordano's has yummy Italian!
I love Italian! We've been to Carbonara's and really loved it. How does Giordano's compare?

I love Italian! We've been to Carbonara's and really loved it. How does Giordano's compare?

Haven't been to Carbonara's but Giordano's has very good Italian. We've had the pizza(deep dish and thin crust), pasta, and desserts. All yummy! Great service too!!

Haven't been to Carbonara's but Giordano's has very good Italian. We've had the pizza(deep dish and thin crust), pasta, and desserts. All yummy! Great service too!!
Sounds awesome! I'll have to take a look at the menu.:)

My husband loves Tropical Mofongo. It’s a hole in the wall in the Wal-Mart shopping center right outside the park on Vineland Road.

Tropico Monfongo looks awesome and gets some really great reviews on tripadvisor. This nearby where we will be staying so we'll definitely be trying this!

We like Bahama Breeze; especially when they have live music. Two locations in Orlando--one just outside Disney by the Crossroads & one on International drive closer to Universal

King O Falafel on 192 in Kissimmee has great falafel.

I love the cheese empanadas and plantains at the wonderful Venezuelan restaurant Q’Kenan on International Drive.

The Benihanas on Intl Drive has a great filet minion lunch deal for around $15 that includes soup or salad, fried rice and sautéed veggies.

The Columbia in Celebration has great lunches. They are known for their 1905 salad. We get a half and half combo with either a Cuban sandwich or black bean soup.

NYPD Pizza at 9900 Universal Drive near the Convention Center.
Teak Neighborhood Grill near Universal
Ichiban Buffet on 192.

Cafe D’Antonio in Celebration.
Orlando Ale House.

Teak Neighborhood Grill!
Hash House A Go Go
Giordano's

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
4 Rivers BBQ
Flipper's Pizza

Tropico Mofongo.

Miller's Ale House
Chuy's is pretty good for Mexican.

Bahama Breeze; especially when they have live music. Two locations in Orlando--one just outside Disney by the Crossroads & one on International drive closer to Universal

King O Falafel on 192.
Venezuelan restaurant Q’Kenan on International Drive.
The Benihanas on Intl Drive.
The Columbia in Celebration

Wonderful suggestions! I would love to have time to try them all. I'll definitely make an attempt to knock a few of these off my list:):goodvibes.

my family always looks forward to Tony Romas on Idrive, and now the Trex café at Disney Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter