Recipes- Boneless chicken thighs

I remember seeing a recipe that was with smoked paprika. It said it had to be good SMOKED paprika. It looked and sounded so good! But I haven't had a chance to make it. Maybe somebody here knows about this type of recipe. I am going to get some chicken thighs and make a Butter Chicken. I think it is like. maybe Indonesian. I have a jar of sauce that seems to have a lot of good ingredients.

I do baked chicken. I do baked chicken leg quarters. I think they come out better for more recipes than just the thighs that are cut up. I season them different ways. And I think it makes a really really big difference when baking chicken to bake them in like almost an inch of water. This seems to bake off most of the fat. Then when it is getting more than halfway done you can drain all of that off of the chicken and then do the sauce. No greasy or dry chicken that way!

I remember seeing a recipe that was with smoked paprika. It said it had to be good SMOKED paprika. It looked and sounded so good! But I haven't had a chance to make it. Maybe somebody here knows about this type of recipe. I am going to get some chicken thighs and make a Butter Chicken. I think it is like. maybe Indonesian. I have a jar of sauce that seems to have a lot of good ingredients.

I do baked chicken. I do baked chicken leg quarters. I think they come out better for more recipes than just the thighs that are cut up. I season them different ways. And I think it makes a really really big difference when baking chicken to bake them in like almost an inch of water. This seems to bake off most of the fat. Then when it is getting more than halfway done you can drain all of that off of the chicken and then do the sauce. No greasy or dry chicken that way!

this is my chicken paprika recipe, I think it’s better with smoked paprika but if you only have regular or sweet that is fine.

2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds boneless chicken
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium yellow onion, sliced into wedges
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup sour cream

take half of the paprika, the salt and pepper and place in a bowl. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Toss the chicken with the paprika salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large sauce pan. Add chicken and cook for five minutes. Remove chicken from pan with slotted spoon and place aside. Add the onions to the pan with the remaining paprika and sauté until soft. I like the onions to be long narrow strips, but if you prefer yours chopped that is fine. Add the chicken stock to the onions and bring to a boil. Then let simmer for about five minutes while it reduces. Add the chicken back in and heat through. add sour cream and heat through. This can be served on its own or over noodles or rice. You can add more paprika if you would like more of that flavor. My sister substitutes plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream, but I don’t like that flavor as well.

Very true. Your recipe looks great, but chicken thighs aren't really a thing here (except at part of a whole chicken or chicken leg); I've never seen boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I do substitute chicken breasts but, as you note, they often come out a bit drier.

I love chicken thighs. I have them all the time. I prefer them to chicken breasts. They are moister and have more flavor. Once they are de-boned, they flatten right out, similar to a breast or a burger patty. They stack great in the freezer that way.

I stick one in a sandwich size Ziplock bag and add either a couple tablespoons of ranch dressing or Italian dressing for a marinade. (I'm also testing out a bottled orange glaze for Orange Chicken.) Just freeze each one that way, individually, in separate Ziplocks and you can pull each one out as needed and bake or broil.

I stick one in a sandwich size Ziplock bag and add either a couple tablespoons of ranch dressing or Italian dressing for a marinade. (I'm also testing out a bottled orange glaze for Orange Chicken.) Just freeze each one that way, individually, in separate Ziplocks and you can pull each one out as needed and bake or broil.

You can actually use pretty much any salad dressing as a marinade. We had a restaurant in our city when I was growing up (Bonanza, for anyone who cares) that used to have a dish on their menu called Catalina Chicken. My mom loved it and asked them one time what they used for a marinade. Their response...Catalina Dressing (Kraft makes a Catalina dressing, not sure about other brands). She said, "That's it???" Yep. That's it. During grilling season, we just toss a bunch of chicken in a zip top bag, dump on some Catalina, and maybe add a bit of garlic, salt, and pepper, though that isn't necessary at all, and then let them marinade for the day before grilling.

Our local Whole Foods has a number of options for chicken in marinades, one of which is Caesar (just marinated in Caesar dressing). Also at Whole Foods, you can buy Cindy's Kitchen, Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Vinagrette. We used it as a marinade a couple of weeks ago and it was soooo good. I do add a bit of salt and pepper to the bag along with the dressing to enhance the flavour, but again, it tastes great without if you are watching your sodium or prefer to season your food after it is cooked.

I also have a marinade recipe that I use for steak tips, but that could be used for chicken as well. It would likely be especially good with thighs over breasts. Mix equal parts of Wishbone Creamy Italian dressing, Wishbone Zesty Italian dressing, and BBQ sauce, marinate, then grill.

You can actually use pretty much any salad dressing as a marinade. We had a restaurant in our city when I was growing up (Bonanza, for anyone who cares) that used to have a dish on their menu called Catalina Chicken. My mom loved it and asked them one time what they used for a marinade. Their response...Catalina Dressing (Kraft makes a Catalina dressing, not sure about other brands). She said, "That's it???" Yep. That's it. During grilling season, we just toss a bunch of chicken in a zip top bag, dump on some Catalina, and maybe add a bit of garlic, salt, and pepper, though that isn't necessary at all, and then let them marinade for the day before grilling.

Our local Whole Foods has a number of options for chicken in marinades, one of which is Caesar (just marinated in Caesar dressing). Also at Whole Foods, you can buy Cindy's Kitchen, Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Vinagrette. We used it as a marinade a couple of weeks ago and it was soooo good. I do add a bit of salt and pepper to the bag along with the dressing to enhance the flavour, but again, it tastes great without if you are watching your sodium or prefer to season your food after it is cooked.

I also have a marinade recipe that I use for steak tips, but that could be used for chicken as well. It would likely be especially good with thighs over breasts. Mix equal parts of Wishbone Creamy Italian dressing, Wishbone Zesty Italian dressing, and BBQ sauce, marinate, then grill.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Those sound great! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter