Recipe...using shredded potatoes???

ang

"My life, my love, my children"
Does anyone have a recipe with shredded potatoes?? Maybe with cheese....I'm looking for a simple recipe to bake for Christmas.....I just don't like peeling potatoes on Christmas day......any ideas.....Thanks for info........

I used to make actual breakfast on Christmas Day and used the frozen, shredded potatoes.

Brown potatoes in a little oil, or butter, in a covered pan. (Add some onion if desired.) While potatoes are cooking, beat eggs in a separate bowl. Add shredded cheese (it's good if you can mix different kinds) & 1 Tbl Parmesan. Salt & pepper to taste. Either nuke bacon & crumble, or cut slices of deli ham into small pieces. Add to eggs. Pour over browned potatoes & stir until combined. Cook until eggs are done. Serve with toasted bagels.

I've also used pork roll, cut into small cubes for the meat.

HERE'S ONE FOR BAKED HASH BROWNS

2 LBS. FROZEN HASH BROWNS (THAWED)
1/2 STICK BUTTER AND 1/4 STICK
1/2 CUP CHOPPED ONIONS (OPTIONAL)
1 16OZ. SOUR CREAM
1 CAN CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
2 CUPS GRATED CHEESE, I USE CHEDDAR
2 CUPS CORN FLAKE CEREAL (CRUSHED)
1 TSP. SALT ( I USE GARLIC SALT)
1 TSP. PEPPER

WARM IN PAN 1/2 STICK BUTTER, SOUR CREAM, SOUP, SALT, PEPPER, AND
ONIONS. POUR OVER POTATOES THAT ARE IN A 13X9 IN. DISH.
TOP WITH CHEESE. MIX 1/4 STICK MELTED BUTTER WITH CORN FLAKES AND
PUT ON TOP OF CHEESE.

BAKE AT 350 ABOUT AN HOUR.

CRACKER BARREL HASHBROWN SIDE DISH

1 (2 lb.) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6 T. margarine, melted
1 lb. sour cream
8 oz. Cheddar or Colby cheese, shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
Cornflakes, crushed
4 T. margarine, melted

In a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, make single layers of the following: Potatoes, onions, 6 tablespoons melted margarine, sour cream, Cheddar cheese and soup. Sprinkle top with cornflakes. Drizzle 4 tablespoons margarine over top. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until bubbly and piping hot.

I guess this is the same recipe above. I also make it with cream of potato soup - no cornflakes. That is wonderful.

Ooo - I forgot about this one! MsSocks has made this for family meals - it's wonderful!

I have the same recipe for the shredded potatoes but I use shredded velveeta cheese and top it off with durkee french fried onions mixed with the crushed cornflakes.

I'm going try one for thanksgiving morning......and Christmas too!! Thank you! Made copy of them all ..LOL.....thanks again

This was on "Calling all cooks" today on food network. It looked good, and I thought about this thread...here it is, copied from www.foodtv.com.

:)

Three Onion Potato Casserole

> See this recipe on-air on 11/20/2001 at 11:00 AM ET.

Recipe courtesy Rosalie Rubaum

2 large packages Hashbrown Potato patties (8) defrosted and broken apart in large mixing bowl
1 can cream of chicken soup or cream of celery (for kosher)
1 large bunch green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup milk (nonfat)
1 to 2 cups cheddar or Jack cheese (for spicy, use jalapeno jack)
1 small can French Fried Onions, for topping
Mix all ingredients together, except the fried onions. Put into deep casserole. Top with onions. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour until golden on top. Can be made ahead a couple of days. Do not bake until ready to use. Can also be frozen.

ADDENDUM TO THREE ONION POTATO CASSEROLE: To make hash-brown potatoes from scratch:

Rinse potatoes. Peel potatoes and shred. Soak in water for at least a 1/2 hour to remove starch. Sauti drained potatoes in butter or oil until cooked to the 3/4 point Set aside.

Resume with regular recipe preparation.

The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network’s kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter