Recipe from Kouzzina

Hersheybar417

Earning My Ears
Hi all. Just returned from 3 weeks at Disney World. While we had no interest in eating dinner at Kouzzina, we found it a new and delicious place to eat breakfast. My question is, would anyone know where to find a recipe for the oatmeal, blueberry, orange granola pancakes? I'm not usually a pancake eater, but these were absolutely delicious. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

Hi all. Just returned from 3 weeks at Disney World. While we had no interest in eating dinner at Kouzzina, we found it a new and delicious place to eat breakfast. My question is, would anyone know where to find a recipe for the oatmeal, blueberry, orange granola pancakes? I'm not usually a pancake eater, but these were absolutely delicious. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Linda

Email Disney and ask them. You'd have been better off asking while you were there but you could still email them. Or google with Cat Cora's name and see what comes up. I've asked while there and I've emailed them after and can't remember a time when I didn't get a recipe back. It isn't immediate...but I've always gotten a response eventually.

Good luck!

Jen

thanks for sharing your experience i would check out wdwinfo.com recipe section for many delicious disney recipes. good luck:yay:

I did ask while there and was told that it might be in her cookbook. They sell the cookbooks there so our waitress went and checked and then I think asked the hostess. She came back and said it wasn't in the cookbook. I did not ask any further, I assumed that was my answer. I've also googled it and checked other Disney sites (that I know of) that post recipes and it's not available. Just looking for other suggestions. Thanks to you that responded.

Linda

Send an email to guest services. Politely request the recipe and include the restaurant, the name of the food, when you were there and your reservation number if you still have it. Please remember that some recipes are not shared with the public. IF you do receive the recipe please come back and post in our HUGE long running Disney recipe thread right here in the cooking forum. There is also an index that makes finding recipes a snap!

I've added your request to the thread greeneyes mentioned: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103

It's also in our request list in the index: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

Although we maintain the request list, past experience has taught us that the best way to obtain a recipe is to request it yourself. There are tips in the index thread (post #5) on how/where to request recipes. Good luck. :thumbsup2

I tried various searches to see if I could find something, but so far it seems no one has obtained this recipe. If you're up to experimenting, I found one of Cat Cora's breakfast pancake recipes. I would replace the walnuts with granola. Not having eaten these luscious sounding pancakes I'm not sure where the orange comes from. Is it pieces of flesh or just taste? If it's pieces, I'd guess you could just reduce the blueberries & replace with some orange. But I would probably just try some orange zest...~1 tsp? Also, I'd reduce the milk to 1 1/4 cup & use 1/4 cup of orange juice. One of my kids had a friend who couldn't have milk and I used to make her pancakes & french toast using orange juice instead of milk. They had a very orange-y flavor & it worked...even though it sounded weird at the time.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-303-309-12098-0,00.html

WALNUT AND BLUEBERRY BRAN PANCAKES
A prerun breakfast to top off your fuel tank
By Yishane Lee
Image by Joseph De Leo

PUBLISHED 09/10/2007

"If you cook with flavor," says Iron Chef Cat Cora, "then the nutrition will naturally follow." That's why Cora uses whole milk, which health-conscious runners typically avoid, in her walnut and blueberry bran pancakes. "Fat is flavor," she says. "You just need a little bit to get the taste and to feel satisfied. It's worth running the extra miles."

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup instant oats
3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (or a blend of white and whole-wheat flours)
3/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup oat flour or oat bran
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten

Pour milk over oats and sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Lightly stir eggs into oats mixture. Add dry ingredients and honey, stirring until combined. When the batter is thoroughly mixed, stir in the blueberries and walnuts. Ladle batches of the batter onto a preheated greased or nonstick griddle or frying pan and cook until tops are bubbly and edges look cooked. Turn over and finish cooking the other side. Makes about 10 pancakes. Serves four.

Calories: 400
Fat: 16 g
Carbs: 52 g
Protein: 15 g

Thank you Piratesmate. That recipe certainly sounds yummy and worth a try. I think the orange flavor came from zest. The blueberries were fresh and plump and juicy and you could definitely taste the oatmeal/granola. I don't recall any nuts (though I would love that also). When I think of granola, I think nuts, but this was just like a whole-grain oatmeal. I'm going to send a request to Disney but I'm not holding out much hope. When I did ask the waitress and she in turn asked the hostess, no one jumped in with any suggestions. But if by some miracle I get an answer, I'll post it proudly!!

Linda

Has anyone sent you the pancake recipe yet? I don't think Kouzzina recipes are in any Disney cookbooks, as the restaurant just opened early last year. The newest cookbook, Chef Mickey: Treasures From the Vault & Delicious New Favorites is really, really good. I bought it for my husband for Christmas. It is new in that it has more ethnic fusion recipes and less comfort food. Disney has taken ethnic fusion cuisine to a whole new level. I think it is the most "gourmet" of all of the Disney cookbooks. I have to find out about these pancakes...I'll get back if you haven't heard from anyone...

Hi Hrnsly,

I actually sent an email to Disney way back when asking for any help they could offer in obtaining that recipe. A few months later I received an email saying they were still trying to find it. Then a few months after that I received the final email from them saying they were not able to get the recipe for me. I was impressed that they didn't forget about it.

On the other hand, we just came home from Disney and while there I had to get my pancakes. And guess what...they just weren't the same. They were more like crepes and actually burned on the bottom. I sent them back and they replaced them with non-burned ones, but the consistency just was not as I remembered.

During our stay at the Boardwalk, Cat Kouzzina was at her restaurant signing her new cookbook. I went in and got one for my daughter. I should have asked her then and there for the recipe! Chances are, she would have sent me on my way with only the autographed cookbook! ;)

Linda

Success! for all of those who have been looking for this recipe, I found it in PlateOnline.com. I tried today and it was very close. I substituted vanilla almond granola cereal and added a tiny bit of baking powder 1/8 tsp.
My boyfriend is happy...he had been dreaming of them since we got back!:cool1:

Here's that recipe for anyone who doesn't want to go thru the hassle of registering on that site!

BLUEBERRY ORANGE GRANOLA PANCAKES WITH WARM MAPLE SYRUP
Chef Cat Cora
Kouzzina at Disney World - Lake Buena Vista, Fla., USA

Yield: 4 servings
Menu Price: $10.49; Food Cost/Serving: 12%

All-purpose flour 1 C
Salt 1/4 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Sugar 1 TBS
Butter, melted 1 TBS plus as needed, divided
Egg, beaten 1 each
Buttermilk 1 C
Orange zest 1 tsp
Granola 1/2 C, divided
Blueberries 1/4 C, divided
Butter 1 tsp
Maple syrup as needed
Instructions:

1. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and sugar in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter, egg, buttermilk and orange zest and whisk until incorporated.

2. In a small, lightly buttered pan over medium heat, spoon 1/4 cup batter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granola and 1 tablespoon blueberries. When batter begins to bubble, turn pancake and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.

3. Garnish 4 pancakes with remaining granola, berries and butter. Serve with maple syrup.

iabarbosa said:
Success! for all of those who have been looking for this recipe, I found it in PlateOnline.com. I tried today and it was very close. I substituted vanilla almond granola cereal and added a tiny bit of baking powder 1/8 tsp.
My boyfriend is happy...he had been dreaming of them since we got back!:cool1:

Thanks so much for posting this. We were at Disney World two weeks ago and I had the pancakes again. Sooo good! Can't wait to try this recipe!

And thank you Lynxstch for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!