Recipe for Dirt Cake?

DsnyDrmr

My DH calls it OCD; I call it effective planning ;
Anyone have one? I used to have one but can't find it now! It was something like layers with crushed oreos, cream cheese/cool whip and pudding.

I don't have a dirt cake recipe, but I do have the dirt cups...that's not what you mean is it? I also have a Litter Box Cake recipe - gross, but funny & actually tastes good. :rotfl2:

Dirt
2 c cold milk
8 oz chocolate cookies
8 oz Cool Whip
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix & beat with a whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Crush cookies; stir in Cool Whip & ½ the cookies. Put 1 Tbl cookies in 7 oz clear, plastic cups. Fill ¾ full with pudding mix. Top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour. Decorate with gummy worms. Serves 8 - 10. Can be made as “Sand” by using Nilla wafers, vanilla pudding & decorating with Swedish fish.

Kitty Litter Cake

1 spice or german chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 pkg white sandwich cookies
1 lg pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
12 small tootsie rolls
1 litter box (Maybe spring for a new one! ;))
1 plastic scoop
green food coloring

Prepare & bake cake mixes. Prepare & chill pudding mix. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. To 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops food coloring & mix with fork or shake in jar. When cakes are room temp, crumble into large bowl. Add half remaining cookie crumbs & toss Slowly add pudding; combine gently. Check cake often; do not allow to become soggy, just moist. Put mixture into clean litter box.
Heat 3 unwrapped Tootsie rolls in microwave until soft & pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat. Bury in mixture. Sprinkle top with remaining cookie crumbs, reserving 1/4 cup.
Scatter green crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time, until almost melted. Scrape candy over top of cake & sprinkle with crumbs. Place box on newspaper & sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with new pooper scooper.

i have a few

1 package (32 ounces) Oreo cookies

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 stick butter

2 small packages vanilla pudding (dry)

3-1/2 cups milk

1 container (12 ounces) Cool Whip

Directions
In a blender, grind Oreo cookies and set aside.
In a bowl, cream the cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter. Set ingredients aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix vanilla pudding and milk. Next, fold in the Cool Whip. Finally, fold in the cream cheese mixture.
In a container, place the Cool Whip mixture on the bottom.
Add the cookies, then Cool Whip mixture, then cookies, and keeping alternating the layers.
Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
Garnish with 24 Gummy Worms

OR:

FIRST LAYER:

ONE AND ONE-FOURTH POUNDS CRUSHED OREO COOKIES (RESERVE TWO FOR FLOWER POT HOLES)

SECOND LAYER:

TWO BOXES - SMALL INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
TWO CUPS MILK
LET SET UP
NOW FOLD IN NINE OUNCE CONTAINER WHIPPED TOPPING

THIRD LAYER:

ONE EIGHT OUNCE PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE
ONE-HALF STICK MARGARINE
ONE CUP POWDERED SUGAR

WASH TWO 6-INCH CLAY FLOWER POTS. SCALD TO STERILIZE. PUT THE RESERVED COOKIES IN THE HOLE IN THE POT. LAYER THE THREE LAYERS, ENDING WITH CRUSHED COOKIES. REFRIGERATE CAKE.
TO SERVE: WRAP POT IN COLORED PAPER AND PLACE PLASTIC FLOWERS IN POT. USE AS A CENTERPIECE THEN SERVE. DOUBLE RECIPE WILL FILL 8" POT AND 6" POT.

and anther one
they are all pretty much the same though
If you're feeling creative, this recipe can be prepared in a large flower pot, decorated with small plastic flowers and then served with a small trowel.

20 oz chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
1/4 C butter -- softened
8 oz cream cheese -- softened
1 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 packages instant chocolate pudding mix -- (3 oz)
6 C milk
12 oz whipped topping
20 gummy worms

Finely chop the chocolate cookies in a food processor or blender.

Combine the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix on low speed until smooth. Add the chocolate pudding and milk. Blend until mixed through.

Fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture.

In either a 9x13 ungreased pan, a plastic flower pot, alternate layers of chopped cookies and pudding mixture. Start with a layer of about 1/3 of the cookies, followed by 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/3 of the cookies, then 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then lastly, 1/3 of the cookies.

Carefully arrange the gummy worms in the top layer of the cookies. You might want to bury some of them in the "dirt" and leave some of them poking out of the dirt. You might even want to make some of them look like they are escaping from the pan.

Thank you so much pattyT! These sound great.

Super Easy Dirt Cake:

8 oz softened cream cheese
8 oz cool whip
large box instant vanilla pudding & milk
Large package of oreos, crushed.

Make pudding according to instructions. Beat in cream cheese. Fold in cool whip.

In a bowl/flowerpot/serving dish, layer oreo's and pudding mixture. Start and finish the layering with oreos.

I like to put mine in the fridge or freezer for a couple of hours before serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter