Recently returned from Kidani Village

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
My family and I recently returned from our week vacation staying at Kidani Village (4/19-4/26). This is the second time we have stayed here (2010). We had a 1bd savannah view. First my positive thoughts:

The animals were enjoyable to see and the rooms are beautifully decorated.

We were very lucky with bus service being there when we got to the bus stop almost every time. Being picked up and dropped off first is a great benefit as there were always a significant greater amount of people staying at Jambo House.

The pool area is excellent. They have a good water slide and a fun child play area as well.

The airline bag check in is indoors!!!!

I lost 8 pounds on this trip.

Negative thoughts:

It is a big resort. We had a room very very far from the lobby and bus stop. We definitely got our exercise. My wife felt the lighting was too dark in the rooms. I like it dark so it didn't bother me.

Although I enjoyed myself, I doubt I will return here in the next decade. The reason is that this resort is so far away from the parks. Even the ride to the Animal Kingdom even takes a while. Plain and simple it is far away from everything. Although I think SSR is less attractive, there close proximity to Downtown Disney is a huge plus. I don't plan on staying at SSR either.

The last time we stayed at Kidani was in December, and we had a studio in the last bead closest to Jambo. It was a LONG, LONG walk. We usually took the first elevator down to the sidewalk and walked outside to the bus stop, which was pleasant after being cooped up in the room all night.

We love staying at Kidani and don't mind the bus ride to the parks. We are going to try renting a car this summer to see if that makes the stay any different from a time standpoint. We totally love staying near Epcot or at BLT, but the vibe at Kidani is so much more relaxing and less chaotic. Plus, we love dining at Sanaa and Boma. We still have to try Jiko.

Congrats on losing 8 pounds! I am amazed at how little I gain when I am there, considering how much I eat. Of course, after a day at Epcot, my pedometer reads 15,000+, so that really helps!

We're here right now in a 1-bedroom Savanna room for a 10-night stay. It's our first day at AKL and first stay at Kidani.

What a beautiful resort!!! After reading all of the posts about the long walks, I had requested Sunset Savanna, lower floor, close to lobby. Ended up getting the first 2 requests. We're in 7348. 3rd floor, past the Zazu elevator so we're almost to the last bead towards Jambo. Honestly, I LOVE this location. It really puts us equally between the lobbies for both Jambo and Kidani so it's an easy few minutes walk in either direction. It takes a few minutes longer to get to the pool but its really not a big deal. And the bus location is not far at all, we just walk to the Timon elevator (next down from Zazu), go to the 1st floor, and cross the short path from the parking garage and we're there.

The walk to Jambo is outside, so I could see how it might be miserable in July or August-but then so would walking through the parks.

We've been happy with the bus service. It's like anywhere else...sometimes you just miss one and sometimes you get there at the perfect time. And with the walk to Jambo being so quick, we've eaten at Jiko (I got engaged there Sunday night!!!) and Mara and still have Sanaa and Boma planned before we leave. Jiko was amazing and Mara was good and affordable for QS.

My only complaint is-I don't want to go home!!

Bigskyernurse - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
We love AKV. We are in the process of buying our second contract - and picked this resort after staying there last year. I don't know if it was just good luck but we thought the bus rides to MK were faster than any other resort we stayed at (except GF of course) Glad everyone doesn't love it or we would never get in.

We're here right now in a 1-bedroom Savanna room for a 10-night stay. It's our first day at AKL and first stay at Kidani.

What a beautiful resort!!! After reading all of the posts about the long walks, I had requested Sunset Savanna, lower floor, close to lobby. Ended up getting the first 2 requests. We're in 7348. 3rd floor, past the Zazu elevator so we're almost to the last bead towards Jambo. Honestly, I LOVE this location. It really puts us equally between the lobbies for both Jambo and Kidani so it's an easy few minutes walk in either direction. It takes a few minutes longer to get to the pool but its really not a big deal. And the bus location is not far at all, we just walk to the Timon elevator (next down from Zazu), go to the 1st floor, and cross the short path from the parking garage and we're there.

The walk to Jambo is outside, so I could see how it might be miserable in July or August-but then so would walking through the parks.

We've been happy with the bus service. It's like anywhere else...sometimes you just miss one and sometimes you get there at the perfect time. And with the walk to Jambo being so quick, we've eaten at Jiko (I got engaged there Sunday night!!!) and Mara and still have Sanaa and Boma planned before we leave. Jiko was amazing and Mara was good and affordable for QS.

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!

I go to Kidani a week from tomorrow! Yippee!!! It will be my FIRST time EVER at WDW so I am SUPER excited. Doing Boma for breakfast out last day :)

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!

I go to Kidani a week from tomorrow! Yippee!!! It will be my FIRST time EVER at WDW so I am SUPER excited. Doing Boma for breakfast out last day :)

Try to fit in Boma for dinner one night, too - you won't regret it!

Near the zazu elevator is our favourite spot

Congrats!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter