Recent Trip report Hard Rock, Food, Lines and more.

bfrosty

Mouseketeer
I'll try and break this down for you in groups of information.

Hotel Stay:
Hard Rock Hotel Hospitality Suite w/2Queen lockoff. The room was big, really big! Clean and had most anything you need. I do wish there was a dishwasher, full sink and a toaster, but didn't really need it. The suite was located around the corner from Emack/Bolios on the 1st floor. It was noisy during the day, but by sleep time, it was fine. The hotel staff was excellent, informative, helpful is every way. We didn't have any issues.

We just walked to parks, didn't use the boat. The rickshaw guys on bikes are still not there, not sure if they will come back. Kids and such used the pool and spa that were fantastic. My DD birthday was close to the trip and without asking they gave her a free desert at the "Kitchen". Housekeeping was great and met all our needs.

Food at the Kitchen and Emack's was great as always, we really enjoy Emack's Pizza. The Hawaiian, Cheese and Sausage/Mush. The toasted sub's are good too. We enjoyed the Turkey Panini. Another great item is in the cooler, the Yogurt parfaits with fruit/granola. YUM!

The Parks and Lines:
Parks were still setup for HHN and it was fun to see the decor up and a few of the gruesome things were covered in plastic wrap during the day. We really wanted to peek under there and see what it was!!! Lines were fine and with Express we got on in half the time. Hagrids was super busy and was 120min. minimum every day. I was surprised to see Velocicoaster was running 15-30min a lot. A few times it hit 45-55min. Really not bad. WARNING: Velocicoaster is extremely intense, more so than any ride at Universal or Disney. It's not for the faint-hearted!!!

We really enjoyed Velocicoaster, wait for the front row, it is the best!!!!

Food:
Previously, the food at HRH was excellent as always. At the parks, our favorites are still Mythos/Finnigans and now Confisco's Grille. @Mythos we had Pad Thai (Yummy), Greek Salad w/Chicken, Grilled Cheese/Tomato Soup, Spanikopita and Lamb Meatball appetizer and for desert the Lava/Chocolate Ganache with Peanut Butter Ice Cream. The bread service is good too, just have to ask for it. @Finnegans we ate twice here!!! So bad!!! Our first lunch we sat in front of the musician/stage and got to hear great Irish Music and the interaction was very fun. He was from Galway on the west coast of Ireland. The Reuben, Fish/Chips and Fruit Plate were all great. Our 2nd visit to Finnegans we had the Irish Cobb Salad, Tipperary Corned Beef Sandwich on Pretzel bun, Guinnes beef stew and Salmon Salad. Unfortunately, the Guinness Nitrogen was broken, so we settled for Smithwicks' Red Ale!!! Again, the musician was playing and it was just a very festive time for lunch both times. And our last NEW favorite place to eat "Confisco's Grille" was great too. We enjoyed the Ribs, Pad Thai (Slightly better than at Mythos), Ahi Tuna Nachos and Lamb Burger. All very good and tasty.

Universal Studios (Animal Actors Show) - Yes, my DS8 got picked each show we went to (x2) and got to sit in the chair and ask Remy to fetch a few items like a hat and bra!!! He also had birds land on his head and almost caught a vulture, but that was a bit of a joke on the audience. It was so fun to watch my son. I'm proud that he volunteered and faced his fears. He has a little bit of a hard time with loud noise, attention span and such that challenged him daily. It was neat to see him conquer those fears twice!!!

*A must mention - Our Ubers this time were very strange. Although I picked a destination, the driver got confused. One lady couldn't speak english and was using her iPhone to talk to us. It was weird, but we got to all our destination safe and within time.

Finnegan's Irish Pub w/Live Music.
20221104_154901.jpg
My DS8 being eaten by a SHARK!!!!!
20221104_143705.jpg
One of our all time favorties: The Monster Horror MakeUP Show....so funny.
20221030_113001.jpg

Optimus Prime guarding the ride!!!
20221104_142224.jpg

Diagon Alley! So cool
20221104_164521.jpg

20221104_142313.jpg

20221104_164613.jpg
20221104_163825.jpg

Attachments

• 20221104_163747.jpg
    20221104_163747.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sounds like you had a fabulous time!! Yes, strange Hagrid’s was unusually busy this past weekend… consistently busy. We also loved the Irish Cobb salad at Finnegan’s. Ate so much of it and every time I looked at it, I felt like I didn’t put a dent in it. :laughing:

I hope you got your delicious beverage that’s the pic of your avatar! So refreshing!

@wdwrule , yes we got a few Deathly Hallows while visiting. The deatheaters were roaming about and scared the begezzus out of my two sons while sitting on the back porch of three broomsticks!!!

@wdwrule , we also tried the Hogsbite that was Strongbow w/Hog's Head Brew Ale. It was good, but prefer the Deathly Hallows drink.

Last edited:
Wow!

What a great detailed trip report you are sharing with us.

The picture with Jaws had me laughing

Great to hear you had such a nice time at Universal.

Mythos...Pumpkin Muffin w/Cranberry and Cinnamon Sugar Artwork. Yum!!!
That is a fancy dessert from Mytho’s.

Glad to hear you Iiked Confisco Grille. I tried the Ahi Tuna Nachos in September and the dish was so good it is on my radar for my trip to Universal next week for Mardi Gras. The Hummus is delicious too.

Thank you for sharing your report and photos.

Great to hear you had such a nice time at Universal.

That is a fancy dessert from Mytho’s.

Glad to hear you Iiked Confisco Grille. I tried the Ahi Tuna Nachos in September and the dish was so good it is on my radar for my trip to Universal next week for Mardi Gras. The Hummus is delicious too.

Thank you for sharing your report and photos.
@Robo56 , I'm thinking that muffin was just a weekly special given it was around Fall/Halloween. I'm not sure if they have it all year round.

Enjoy your trip next week, hope it's great weather...not too HOT yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter