Recent Tony's Town Square Experiences

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
Tony's is pretty much the only TS restaurant in MK that I haven't eaten at. I am thinking of restructuring my MVMCP and the only ADR I can find right now that fits my potentially new plan before the actual party starts is Tony's. I am still searching multiple times a day for other options, but right now this is what I was able to grab after looking for two weeks straight.

I know Tony's has a pretty negative reputation, but do you have any recent experiences, reviews, or favorite menu items?

Ate there this past December. The food while not great was not as bad as people make it out to be. I would put it on the same level as an Olive Garden or Carrabba's. If you enjoy either of them then you probably would find the food at Tony's to be decent. I noticed their menu has changed a bit since last December not sure if they changed chef's. I had the Italian trio and finished most of it. Tony's portion size is fairly big as well.

It’s like the Olive Garden. It’s not too expensive by Disney standards. If you like places like the Olive Garden, I’d do it.

We ate there on 4th of July last year because we wanted to get out of the hot sun and crowds for a bit, and it was practically the only ADR we could find. We prefer family owned Italian places (we’re Italians originally from NYC), but we still had a good time. 5/10 in my opinion.

Tony's is pretty much the only TS restaurant in MK that I haven't eaten at. I am thinking of restructuring my MVMCP and the only ADR I can find right now that fits my potentially new plan before the actual party starts is Tony's. I am still searching multiple times a day for other options, but right now this is what I was able to grab after looking for two weeks straight.

I know Tony's has a pretty negative reputation, but do you have any recent experiences, reviews, or favorite menu items?
check out my review....just went last month. Has improved greatly! I'd still stay away from the standards like Ckn Parm and Spag/Meatballs....first of all, you can get those at home anytime...and second they're probably the most requested so they are probably prepped in advance. Order something unique (I had the fish) or alter your order of a standard and it'll be made fresher. Still .....give it a try!

Thanks everyone!

@SinCityMMAFan @TheDisneyNurse I think I can handle it if its like Olive Garden. I normally order food from family Italian places at home, but can appreciate Olive Garden for what it is.

@CynBeth A repeat visitor is nice to hear!

@2hapykdz I found and read your review! Sounds like you had a very tasty meal and great experience with Cesar! I like the tip on not ordering something already prepped and sitting.

Touringplans.com has a free reservation finder you could try, I've had good luck with it in the past. You can save searches for your top 2 restaurants at the time and date you want, and they'll send you a text if the reservation frees up.

DIS unplugged did a review about 5 months ago about Tony's. They did get a new chef and Pete said he noticed it has improved. I have never eaten there but might give it a shot this trip as I love Lady and the Tramp and it's such a great location.:)

We ate there last month. It was decent. My steak was good but my wife's chicken was not at all and she sent it back. I'm not sure what the problem was as everything else was cooked just fine. They were very apologetic and took care of things for us. It was certainly worth trying but not high on my list to go back to (it was the only place available for us last minute). It was FAR better than Diamond Horseshoe.

They still haven’t brought back the pistachio crepe brûlée

Was there last July , food was decent, have eaten there nearly every trip as we would try to sit on balcony for the electric light parade when it was still there

I’ve heard the menu has changed again

I have read in a few places that the chef is new and food has improved. I'm still not super tempted and I'd book it and then set up a TP search for what I really wanted.

Touringplans.com has a free reservation finder you could try, I've had good luck with it in the past. You can save searches for your top 2 restaurants at the time and date you want, and they'll send you a text if the reservation frees up.
Thank you! I have had LTT and The Plaza on search and nothing yet. I am hopeful someone will cancel. All these decent reviews have me possibly considering Tony's as an option if I do find the others now. Its also in a great location. I have two more meals in MK and I have to decide between BoG, LTT, or the Plaza for lunch.

DIS unplugged did a review about 5 months ago about Tony's. They did get a new chef and Pete said he noticed it has improved. I have never eaten there but might give it a shot this trip as I love Lady and the Tramp and it's such a great location.:)
I will have to read it, thanks! My mom loves Lady and the Tramp so she would definitely appreciate the environment.

We ate there last month. It was decent. My steak was good but my wife's chicken was not at all and she sent it back. I'm not sure what the problem was as everything else was cooked just fine. They were very apologetic and took care of things for us. It was certainly worth trying but not high on my list to go back to (it was the only place available for us last minute). It was FAR better than Diamond Horseshoe.
Glad to hear the kitchen took care of it. We weren't very impressed with the Diamond Horseshoe either. Tried it instead of LTT and much prefer LTT.

They still haven’t brought back the pistachio crepe brûlée

Was there last July , food was decent, have eaten there nearly every trip as we would try to sit on balcony for the electric light parade when it was still there

I’ve heard the menu has changed again
I have read that dessert was one of the best things offered at Tony's! Not a dealbreaker if its off the menu since we may skip dessert to save space for MVMCP treats.

Thanks everyone!

@SinCityMMAFan @TheDisneyNurse I think I can handle it if its like Olive Garden. I normally order food from family Italian places at home, but can appreciate Olive Garden for what it is.

@CynBeth A repeat visitor is nice to hear!

@2hapykdz I found and read your review! Sounds like you had a very tasty meal and great experience with Cesar! I like the tip on not ordering something already prepped and sitting.
Let us know!!

I have read in a few places that the chef is new and food has improved. I'm still not super tempted and I'd book it and then set up a TP search for what I really wanted.
I had a BoG ADR that I thought was perfect for dinner about 140 days ago. If the MVMCP characters are like MNSSHP this year, I may need a later ADR time. I have had the reservation finder setup and hope something comes through! I also look multiple times a day since I like to torture myself like that. If nothing comes up, I at least have a TS ADR. We tend to prefer TS to QS.

I had a BoG ADR that I thought was perfect for dinner about 140 days ago. If the MVMCP characters are like MNSSHP this year, I may need a later ADR time. I have had the reservation finder setup and hope something comes through! I also look multiple times a day since I like to torture myself like that. If nothing comes up, I at least have a TS ADR. We tend to prefer TS to QS.
are you looking for something during the party then? (since you said later, not earlier)

I definitely prefer TS to QS especially in high crowd situations. I'd go for it if I were you (and what I really wanted didn't come up). It's an opportunity to try it out! And recent reviews with the new chef are promising, and they are also rolling out that appetizer/dessert parade viewing party through Tony's as well - not that the MK is known for it's dessert parties, but it just sounds like the new chef is stepping up the game there. I'd almost be tempted to try it myself based on theming and recent reviews, except I'm shacked up with an Italian guy whose family makes amazing Italian food and they also like to go out to better Italian restaurants... it's too good and too ubiquitous in my life to go to a mediocre Disney version, though we are finally giving via Napoli a try just to give the budget a break. Also I don't want to give anything up that I already have in the MK :) If you don't get anything else I'd embrace the opportunity and I will be watching out for a review.

are you looking for something during the party then? (since you said later, not earlier)

I definitely prefer TS to QS especially in high crowd situations. I'd go for it if I were you (and what I really wanted didn't come up). It's an opportunity to try it out! And recent reviews with the new chef are promising, and they are also rolling out that appetizer/dessert parade viewing party through Tony's as well - not that the MK is known for it's dessert parties, but it just sounds like the new chef is stepping up the game there. I'd almost be tempted to try it myself based on theming and recent reviews, except I'm shacked up with an Italian guy whose family makes amazing Italian food and they also like to go out to better Italian restaurants... it's too good and too ubiquitous in my life to go to a mediocre Disney version, though we are finally giving via Napoli a try just to give the budget a break. Also I don't want to give anything up that I already have in the MK :) If you don't get anything else I'd embrace the opportunity and I will be watching out for a review.
I am leaning towards trying it. I have done BoG dinner in the past and it has been ok. I was tempted by the new menu, but its definitely pricey and will probably take longer than a regular ADR now that its prix fixe. All the comments have been supportive of Tony's and not the usually bashing. I am all for making my own opinions, but I did not want to be completely disappointed. I had the 4pm BoG thinking it would have worked well, but Jack and Sally switched locations to the Town Square Theater during MNSSHP and started meeting earlier. Long story short, if MVMCP follows suit, I may be able to meet Sandy Claws shortly after 4:30pm and walk right next door for a 4:50pm ADR, finish my meal around 6:00/6:15pm, and head through the bypass to get in line for another character. If I do end up going, I will definitely write a thorough review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!