Recent Stay-It’s the Little Things That Count

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Long-time DVC owner & disney fan but not afraid to call them out when I see something amiss.
Have to give a nod for an across-the-board ‘white glove service’ (yes, remember that motto?) we received during recent stay. It was miserably hot & humid and we observed more than a few guests literally melting down, still the CMs kept ‘their cool’.

Hood De Doo is consistently entertaining, enjoyed a lovely evening there. Woody’s Roundup fest at the CR was pricey but the family agreed it was one of our nicer special events, across the board, at WDW. Food was great, staffed well, amazing balloon creations, a cowboy who did rope tricks (a first for this city gal) & games were so much fun...not to mention a lively dance party capped off by the fireworks. Did i mention there was an open bar:)? Wish i had taken the bus, didn’t catch that nugget when I booked lol.

However, the one thing that stands out happened on our next to last day. My original type of MB, Haunted Mansion wallpaper issue with purple background, finally bit the dust RIP:sad1:. Found out when coming from the pool while trying to open our room at the AKVJ. Had to trudge down to the front desk, soggy & loaded down with pool supplies. I’m sure I looked frightful but nobody flinched.

Several staff members tried to rescesitate the MB but to no avail. Tongue in cheek, they made a major production of it, with many so puns :laughing:. They asked me to leave it there to see if the expert on staff, who would be coming in for later shift, could work their magic. I was fine with it & they gave me a new purple band so I could go into the parks that evening and the next day.

Received a message on the room’s phone later that evening that the MB was truly gone, to a better place (recycling bin) lol. To ‘console me in my time of need’ I was awarded a $25 resort credit to purchase another Haunted Mansion themed band...TBD when new crop arrives in the fall.

The Disney difference lives:thumbsup2

The 'brains' of the band are in the center disk. 2 screws will remove it and replace with a generic purple brands 'brain' that you have attached to the room. You should be able to revive the band, unless the special band has a different 'brain' chip mounting technique.

The 'brains' of the band are in the center disk. 2 screws will remove it and replace with a generic purple brands 'brain' that you have attached to the room. You should be able to revive the band, unless the special band has a different 'brain' chip mounting technique.
Only if it’s a MagicBand 2.0

The original MBs were one solid piece.

BTW - If anyone cares, it takes a #0 Phillips head screwdriver to deal with theses screws.

Last edited:

Long-time DVC owner & disney fan but not afraid to call them out when I see something amiss.
Have to give a nod for an across-the-board ‘white glove service’ (yes, remember that motto?) we received during recent stay. It was miserably hot & humid and we observed more than a few guests literally melting down, still the CMs kept ‘their cool’.

Hood De Doo is consistently entertaining, enjoyed a lovely evening there. Woody’s Roundup fest at the CR was pricey but the family agreed it was one of our nicer special events, across the board, at WDW. Food was great, staffed well, amazing balloon creations, a cowboy who did rope tricks (a first for this city gal) & games were so much fun...not to mention a lively dance party capped off by the fireworks. Did i mention there was an open bar:)? Wish i had taken the bus, didn’t catch that nugget when I booked lol.

However, the one thing that stands out happened on our next to last day. My original type of MB, Haunted Mansion wallpaper issue with purple background, finally bit the dust RIP:sad1:. Found out when coming from the pool while trying to open our room at the AKVJ. Had to trudge down to the front desk, soggy & loaded down with pool supplies. I’m sure I looked frightful but nobody flinched.

Several staff members tried to rescesitate the MB but to no avail. Tongue in cheek, they made a major production of it, with many so puns :laughing:. They asked me to leave it there to see if the expert on staff, who would be coming in for later shift, could work their magic. I was fine with it & they gave me a new purple band so I could go into the parks that evening and the next day.

Received a message on the room’s phone later that evening that the MB was truly gone, to a better place (recycling bin) lol. To ‘console me in my time of need’ I was awarded a $25 resort credit to purchase another Haunted Mansion themed band...TBD when new crop arrives in the fall.

The Disney difference lives:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing, it's so nice to hear something positive about Disney! pixiedust:

I had an issue with a dining plan - long story short they docked us for one too many at a meal the night before (yes, I should have checked the receipt). I didn’t find out till we were at a character lunch - Ie, the one that made it worth buying.

Anyway, I called the restaurant, they acknowledged it and said the would reimburse the credit and to walk down to the front desk to have the credit applied against the character lunch charge. By the time I got off the phone, walked downstairs, the credit was there. The cast members understood exactly what happened and said, we’ll handle it. Don’t waste your day here. Turns out they used it to wipe off all meal charges on there (including tip).

Yes, they messed up but went above and beyond to fix it. I made sure to pass along all names so they’d get extra recognition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter